Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Day 58: My special hairstyle and clip and how it must be hard to live in a separate place from a husband a girl in Jamaica loves

Well, sometimes it appears that in the process of achieving a goal, even if the goal is not yet completed, one can really quite achieve something else which is not too dissimilar from one's first goal anyway.

So today, while I do not let have the lyrics or melody worked out for my song to make Kimmy, my friend who thinks I'm an imposter, become my best earth friend again and feel comfortable that I am me, I decided I ought not to waste time waiting for the lyrics to appear in my mind, so I have gone ahead and started working on other steps of my plan, even if Step #1 is not completed.

And so I have made sure that my voice is ready to sing a very nice song, which was mostly accomplished by singing a ditty in the shower that had words in it about someone sitting in a car and how she "sits and shifts and shifts and sits" and so on. Then when my voice was ready to perform, I also decided that I must look like a singer, so I went to the hair dresser's today, as I figured they ought to be able to make me a star, and this is where I had a quite surprising and delightful encounter.

At the hair dresser's, I told the dresser to dye my hair just the cutest little rockstar color, and then to make it big in places, and short in places, and hard in places, and just smooth in other places. Well, the hair dresser said to me that a good hair dresser always like a challenge and that I was certainly presenting one to her, so I told her she was quite welcome, and that I would make sure to mention she said that in my blog tonight.

So, I shall call the hairdresser "Brigit," because I feel it is not right to expose her true name on such an international basis or she would become quite swamped with work, and really, she is just trying to make ends meet so her husband can come back from Jamaica and live with her here in the U S of A, where she lives on a short term visa.


So as Brigit was making my hair presentable, she asked why I wanted such a hairdo. And so I told her my tale of my blog and how my best friend bloggers have just all encouraged me to make new friends, like at the bookstore, and Applebees, and by adopting an international baby, and during the superbowl, and at yoga and pilates classes, and all my other little adventures. And how that led to my having my friend Kimmy not believe that I was the true Orchard.

Well, it was so sweet because Brigit laughed and even shed a tear whilst she kept apologizing while holding up one hand and shaking her head and looking down, which was darling, and when she gained control of herself from the emotion of my tale, she said it was too bad I was not a rapper because she said there was already a song out there by a man who is white who had the same issue of making sure people knew that he were the true himself and not an imitator. But I said that was alright because I would not want to use a rap by someone else when I really must have lyrics about Orchard and Kimmy anyway.


But my story touched her so, as she surely knew what it was like to be separated from someone you love, and she even said she would give me a special little hair clip that looked like a pickle and said "Heinz" on it, that she had brought with her from Jamaica, and she would place it on me because surely Kimmy would love to hear a song from Orchard with a nice Jamaican pickle clip.

And so while I do not yet have my Step #1 completed, that is to say, my song is not created from my mind yet, my day turned out to be just quite festive anyway in completing my other steps. And I really just must say that it is possible that Brigit and I will become rather nice earth friends, as well, although one can never tell if Love will draw her back to her husband who is in that place that is Jamaica, where they have darling little hair clips of side dishes and a generosity of spirit that allowed a girl from Jamaica to give said clip to me.

And even though it reached 57 degrees Farenheit today, which was rather nice--with my new hair do, and my voice all ready, I feel that tomorrow will be the day I will be able to go to Kimmy's and win her back as my best earth friend.

Love always,

Orchard p
DIRK

1 Comments:

Blogger Elle said...

I would love to see your hairstyle, it sounds amazing. I have to have my hair cut soon and this makes me think that perhaps I should try something new and different too. Brigit sounds really sweet.
The temperature here was 23 degrees Celsius. I found a site to convert your temp. and found that it was 13.88888888888889.
Good luck with Kimmy!

2:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home