Thursday, February 24, 2005

Days 31, 32: How I met a real earth friend when putting up my gazelle party signs all over the yoga studio

Now I have lived on the earth a fair, but not too fair, number of years and one thing I have come to recognize as the truth of which it is, is this: if the earth stops you from having a party with your new best friends, it will throw you another little treat in the form of a new best friend just in the nick of time to encourage you on your route of finding earth friends, even though your blog friends are the most wonderful one could imagine in a blog friend. To illustrate this point, I will tell you the story of my day and that story is what I have written below.

So I decided to go back to the yoga studio today and deliver my new posters for my rescheduled party date, even though I have been hearing yet again about a snow storm which threatens the greater New York City area with 6-8 inches of "the white stuff", but Long Island and Northern New Jersey are expected to have more, and that is just the way those two areas are of which I am not a part. And I have learned in my travels around this earth that when Mother Nature decides to have a snow party, your own parties or even your own yoga studio visits may have to be subjegated to her whims of which she is allowed because she is Mother Nature and I am only a person here on earth who does not control weather, but does throw water around from time to time in the summer, and snow in the winter ,and leaves in the fall, and even dandelion heads in the spring, and that is something at least.

After I had hung all of the signs up all over the outside of the yoga studio while the staff were all on their lunch breaks, I at first felt a little sad that I could not get into the studio to post the signs, since they decided to lock the doors when they left, but then I thought that the little decorations of my party posters on the outside of the studio just looked rather so nice and festive, because I even taped birthday balloons to some of them, and drew pictures of lions chasing
gazelles on other ones, that it would lift the spirits of any people who were grumbly about another snow storm so soon after the last one, and that is really just wonderful when a girl such as I can lift anyone's spirits at all.

So as I was clapping my hands together so as to indicate to myself that I was finished accomplishing a great task of which I was satisfied, another girl about my age approached me and spoke in the language of English, but spoke in a manner that I have grown to characterize as "broken," and the thing that she said to me was this: "Know time yoga is?" Well, I certainly did know because there was a schedule posted outside that I had covered up with my party signs, but that I had memorized first, and I told her that there was a Vinyasa class at 1:30pm, and that it was at the intermediate level and of the vigorous nature, as the schedule had led me to believe.

She seemed to like what I had told her because she kept nodding and smiling and saying, "Oh yes, thank you, that is wonderful, oh, yes, quite nice" and other such phrases that implied to me that she was quite willing to become my friend. So I got very giddy inside, like I was going to be performing a solo in a school chorus concert, and then I remembered
Rolandog's words of how I was too eager and fast moving toward my new friends so as to scare them away from me, and so I did NOT ask her to come over to my house and make chocolate chip and banana pancakes with me as my best friend, even though that was what I wanted to do. But instead, I then spoke in a very very slow and quiet voice to her, and asked her to go have lunch with me before the Vinyasa Yoga class at 1:30, as there was just a darling little place quite nearby the studio.

Well, she just kept smiling and nodding and saying, "Oh yes, good, thank you" and so on, so I held onto her arm and led her to the darling little place and we had just the best time together as new best friends, even though she did not say much of anything but the words I've already expressed here that she said, and I really am thinking she did not learn much new English from me over our dinner, although I am sure she will soon learn all the important words as my new best friend, because after all, words are not so unimportant in a world such as one that has words on most things, and in the state of New York those
words tend to be in the language of English, of which my best earth friend only has the broken form of.

Love,

Orch

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home