Sunday, February 20, 2005

Day 28: The bee craft, Yoga and my best friend Teacher who is just a doll

Well, I am just as excited as a little bumble bee that has made the queen happy by finding her the perfect honey stolen from the perfect flower that he has actually helped to procreate!

You see, I went to the yoga class yesterday, as I had told you that I was intending to do, in order to make new friends and maybe even teach the class if they told me how and this is how that experience that I had yesterday in that yoga class came to occur:

I arrived and I paid $21.20 including tax for one lesson in yoga called Kripalu which apparently means that it will be gentle and encouraging for all levels, and I have to say that that was not entirely not what it happened to be, so I wasn't disappointed. Well, I thought $21.20 including tax was more money that I had originally hoped to pay, but since you cannot put a price on friendship, I did not argue, but instead, paid it and went and took my shoes and socks off and placed them on the mat of my neighbor, so as to insinuate I would like to become her best friend. Well, this girl was not meant to be my friend, as sometimes happens and that is just the way of the world, because some folks such as she just don't appreciate a kind gesture even when she removes my socks and shoes and even when I place them back on her mat a few more times to show my love of friendship.

But I rented a mat and a few square purple objects they called blocks, and a few other things they called "props" so as to be proper, or so as to use them to help facilitate other actions of which yoga has been known to be a part of. So after the girl next to me rejected my friendship, I did not allow myself to be sad, but I remained hopeful as tends to be the case with me when I have my heart set on a goal, and I am so glad that I did, because things have turned out to be quite hopeful for me afterall!

I participated in the actions of yoga called poses or positions or postures or something to that effect, and I made careful to smile widely at everyone around me and I even moved my mat around to a few different spots so I could smile widely at others from different angles. Well, the instructor seemed to notice and asked if I needed something or was uncomfortable with the sunlight from my original spot, and I just smiled widely and I said, "Does a girl need a reason to find more friends?" Well, I should think all sensible people would know that a girl doesn't need a reason, and she seemed to have that good sense, so she let me continue in my practice of the yoga called Kripalu.

So after we had all rested on the floor with bags of tea on our eyes except those who felt uncomfortable putting tea bags on their eyes that other previous students had also done the same thing with, the class seemed to end because the teacher said a foreign secret yoga language word that sounded like, "Nah-Mah-Stay", and so I stood up very quickly and said in a very loud clear voice that I had an announcement, and then I proceeded the speech below which I had rehearsed several times earlier in the day:

"I would like to invite all of you, my new best yoga earth friends, over to the place where I reside on Sunday night, at 8pm, to have dinner and dancing and watch thearts and crafts, so everyone bring your favorite colored pom pom or pipe cleaner and you will learn how to make just the cutest little ant you have ever seen!"

And then I gave everyone a little flier that I had made up on my computer which had my address and phone number on it, and I made sure that even those who were too shy to take it from me, got it anyway, because when I went out to the bathroom in the middle of the class, I put one in everyone's bags or socks or other such items that I could put it into and that will be quite a treat for those shy people to find later.

After I was finished handing out the fliers, the instructor asked me a few questions, which was just so sweet of her, because she really is just a doll, and I told her that, then I told her I'd be thrilled to teach a few classes so I could make more earth friends, but she didn't seem to think I had understood any of the poses yet, and she also said they were not in the market for new teachers. But then I told her that I had heard from a lady who was by the tea urn before class that she WAS in the market for new teachers as one old teacher was leaving for Australia, and I told her that I just really hope she stops by to see Dreamwalker in New Zealand. Then the very cute doll instructor just smiled and put her arm around me, which was the sweetest thing I'd ever felt in a long while, and led me out of the room, and said that I had better get on home and she wished me good luck, which I also thought was just so sweet.

So I am really quite pleased with myself for taking the yoga class yesterday because it seems now that I will have all my new friends come over for dinner tonight and I will also get a job teaching Kripalu at the nice yoga studio where I met my best friend teacher who put her arm around me in a kind sisterly way. So that is why I am just so excited about my night tonight, and I think that I shall change the craft to be a bumblebee instead of an ant, because the bumblebee really does show forth the kind of energy and happiness I feel today, as I said before, and an ant just rather likes to walk on picnic food and go into the garbage which is something I'd rather not encourage now that I practice the fine martial art of Kripalu, Yoga, US of A.

Love always,

Orchard

3 Comments:

Blogger "THE" Rob Cerio said...

Orchard, I wish you lots of luck with your crafts party, and I hope you make many new friends there. Even if just taking the one yoga lesson leads to a new plethora of friends, I would suggest that you continue taking the class, as mabe others that are looking for new friends may walk through the door with the same idea!

9:51 PM  
Blogger rg said...

Well, Orchid... I hope everything turns out all right. Hope you guys have a lot of fun. In the end, people enjoy laughing... so perhaps the best way to get best friends, is to laugh along with them. You'll do great as a hostess.

12:09 AM  
Blogger Orchard P Dirk said...

Thank you, Greek Princess, for your comments on the book and what it means because I was under a different impression before, but now that you explain it, I understand and am reminded of a day time television show where a person says that a B.I.T.C.H is a "Broad In Total Control of Herself" which is quite the interpretation.

I appreciate your confidence in me as a hostess, Rolandog, and I also think the advice Rob the Webkahunah gives to keep at the yoga class is quite something because I do hope that they'll let me teach once I learn how to do yoga.

2:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home