Thursday, February 10, 2005

Day 19: My mushed up cookies and will Google save me?

Well, it seems that sometimes the things that I imagine are the best ideas that I have turn out to be the ideas that are, in fact, not as good as I had originally anticipated in thinking those ideas that I have acquired. And so it brings me to tell you about my adventure of today, even though I am just feeling like even my blog won't make me feel better about this, although the kind words of my best friend bloggers always pick me up when I read them.

Well, it appears Aswin may have been onto something, because my cookies did NOT keep very well outside last night as it appears that this part of New York of America experienced a great deal of what I like to call "pounding rain," but at least it wasn't snow as some parts got, but that rain had the inkling of making my cookies change in consistency and appearance, even though these are two strong qualities in a cooking endeavor that one has used to cook. However, the good news that made me feel special was that I saw the garbage man this morning pick up a cookie and place it to his nose, as though savoring the savory smell of the peanut butter mint cookie.

But this happy moment was not enough to last me all day, as I felt just rather discouraged that I had lost all of my cookies in this horrible rain storm that seems was only sent here just to torment my scheme of finding my long lost love whom I am growing ever more attached to as each day progresses as the world turns on its axis.

And so now I am wondering if I should do a "Google AdSens" plan on my blog, where I would receive a small amount of pennies for each "click" that someone puts on the ads for a certain period of time or some such business or other. Because I put quite a lot of effort into making those cookies and they really only got me 10 cents after all, and one nice smile from the garbage man sniff, so it's moments like these that it just makes me ask the real philosophical questions that I always tend to ask, like, "Is putting a business such as Google AdSens on my blog the kind of thing that will help in the long run for finding my long lost love or hinder in getting me friends?" and other thoughts like, "Is advertising in this day and age a thing that is beneficial to society or a nuisance that is just quite not what we should be viewing every other moment that we have our eyes open and looking at items?"

And I'm afraid I don't have the answers, and I'm not even quite sure that my blog is full of my normal energy and zeal which I've come to love expressing to all my best blogger friends, but can a girl be blamed for this, if she is really just trying to find her long lost love against all odds where even her blogger friends doubt her lover's true love, and even her townspeople will not support in aiding her to find help for finding her long lost love, and is Google really the only one who actually cares about true love in this day and age of 2005, USA?

Well, there is not much more that I can say today because I am just so tuckered out from cleaning up all those cookies that were mushed in the yard, and that blew into my neighbor's yard, as he was not too pleased that I used his newspapers yesterday to make my sign of plea for assistance, but I really just think he should take his newspapers off his lawn if he doesn't want them to be used by the public society or for advertising cookies. And when a girl has been wet to the bone with rain and had such events occur as I have had, one can only expect such from her on Day 19 of her search to find friends.

Love,

Orch

6 Comments:

Blogger rg said...

Wow, there's a new comment system...!! yay...

that should make us all feel better!

Orchard dear: I really like the way you write, and the innocence with which you do things that may be unusual to average earth people.

Thanks for understanding my situation... the good thing about this semester, is that I don't have classes on Fridays... so, I'm off to have a drink with some friends after posting this comment.

I think that perhaps you should try visiting meetup.com.

Perhaps you can find a nice cooking friend in New York... who knows, maybe after meeting people through the web, you might go and also have a drink with them... not necessarily a date, but aimed at just having a conversation.

9:26 PM  
Blogger "THE" Rob Cerio said...

Orchard...

Rather than clutter up your pretty site with oh-so-unpretty ads that few ever click on anyway, perhaps you should set up a "Find Orchard's true love" donation site through PayPal. I would gladly donate a buck. I would have made it two, but I have bills to pay with that other dollar.

Rob

8:54 AM  
Blogger "THE" Rob Cerio said...

EEP! the new message system publishes our profile photos! Now I have cluttered up your pretty site with my oh-so-unpretty picture! Heck, now you might as well just put the darn ad up.

Rob

8:56 AM  
Blogger rg said...

lol Rob... I think the comment pics are only shown through the comment system... and not in the original post... though I'm looking for a way of making the pics appear in my comments and not through the comment system.

1:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Orchard,
Don't feel too bad about losing all those cookies. Keep in mind that the garbage man DID like the cookie and he even probably ate it after leaving your house (so you wouldn't see him eat it). The extra moisture of the past night probably brought out more of the flavor too. And the lady whom you gave a cookie to really must have loved it.

You really can't refer to this fellow as your long lost love. He may have really been meaning something else entirely when you saw him. Although he had to leave very quickly, he may have had good intentions of coming back - but, alas, he couldn't make it for some reason. Perhaps his pet snake had a belly ache that night.

But if you keep looking around, there will be other people that will give you the same gesture as he did. Maybe you'll have better luck with the new person.

Hang in there,
Brick Wall

10:28 PM  
Blogger Orchard P Dirk said...

Well, it is nice to hear your suggestions and comments on a night such as this, which is one that has allowed me to feel so tired I cannot even put a post into my blog and I am worried my adventures over this weekend will prevent me from posting until Sunday, but I could be wrong, as tends to be the case when I have more free time than I had originally planned.

Well, Rolandog, you always know just what to say to pick a girl's spirits up, and it seems you understand about my dilemma of making real earth friends, but perhaps my luck will change if I try your meetup website that you have shown me and maybe you even created that website. But I am just so glad that you have Fridays off because really they are a great day, except when you're so tired you can't blog.

Well, Rob the Webkahunah, it seems you oppose Google, but I shall perhaps see if it is as ugly as you seem to think it might be, but I just don't know because I don't have a paypal account and you are just so sweet to donate $1 to my PI fund for finding my long lost love...although I must say that your picture on the comment page does not clutter it up at all, but rather opens it up and makes me be reminded of how much of a fun guy you are who has lots of friends that are some in the travel business and some that are not.

Although, it seems that even one of my best blogger friends, Brick Wall (who has just made me feel so much better about the cookies and the garbage man and moisture), is leaning toward my not pursuing the adventure of finding my long lost true love from the Shell Station. So it seems that when all your friends are saying one thing, it just appears that maybe a girl like I ought to think a thing or two about what they are saying to a girl such as I.

love,
orch

1:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home