Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Day 17: Love for Shell man, but sadness for Down-with-Love-ers

Well, it seems that it's now the afternoon on Tuesday, February 8, and I still have not heard from the man that I am in love with, and whom I think loves me just as much. If I knew his name, that would help me find him, I believe, because even though I memorized his license plate, it appears to be some information that my local police department did not want to give me, even though I explained how we had shared a moment at the Shell Gas Station in Waterown, MA and now I am muchly in love with him. But some people are just "down with love" as they say, and for those people, I must admit that I am quite sad.

So today, I am mourning not only for myself and my new boyfriend whom I cannot find, but I am also mourning for those who are "down with love", like that lovely little movie with the blonde actress who has played many things and is willing to change her physical appearance for parts, and the man who is quite cute with his accent and lovely smile where he shows his teeth that are little pieces of pearls.

And as Valentine's Day approaches fast, it causes me to ponder other questions, such as, Can we be happy in life without falling in love, and if we fall in love but do not see that person we are in love with, will that make us happier than before when we were really just looking for earth friends but were just so happy to have found blogger friends that call us Orchid, as a pet name, because it is an expensive flower that is prized, even on Sex and the City?

And I must say I do not know all of these answers, but I do know this: A girl has feelings and once those feelings are there, it appears they are real, or is it possible for them not to be real at all, but merely feelings of something that is not real?

Well, this is all very well and good, but it does not change the fact that I still mourn for those who do not support love, because that is really a basic need that we humans and similar species have, because even my bird who is a cockatiel gets lonely and runs over to me in his cage when I return to him after a night in a town called Watertown, MA, where I met my love who has made me think of these questions that I ponder.

Love,

And today, in honor of those who do not think love is important, much like the person at the police station who seemed to think he should not support my finding my love with a license plate,
Orch

6 Comments:

Blogger MCDB said...

I want to thank you for coming visit my blog http://singlemaltclub.blogspot.com , and so i promise i will start to edit my posts in English too.

I found your blog, very interesting, and i will put it in my list of every day blog readings.

as they say in Scotland: Slaintheva! (Cheers)

5:22 AM  
Blogger MCDB said...

From now on you can read my posts in english too. I'm starting to translate it gradually as my time permits. Sorry for my eventual bad english!

7:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Orchid P. Dirt!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your Web Log too. But sometimes, I have to say that when I read it, I put my head on my desk and say to my self: "I don't know what anyone is talking about." But that might just be because I am from the ninth circle of, of the ninth planet and so on...

But I wanted to give you a suggestion given to me by one AdmiralSprot. Who incedently turned me on to your Web Log, when I recently came into Borders Books and Music in Marlton, NJ looking for books on how to make friends.

He showed me a book called

How To Start A Conversation And Make Friends : Revised And Updated
by Don Gabor.

I've pasted the Amazon.com link below.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0684868016/qid=1107978305/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/104-5949216-2019146?v=glance&s=books

It's helped me a great deal.

Live long and Prosper,

Samicus (Samus)

PS: Don Gabor is evidently Hungarian not unlike my friend, playwright Mat Udvari.

PPS: I may not be Hungarian, but I sure am hungry!

2:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Orchid P. Dirt!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your Web Log too. But sometimes, I have to say that when I read it, I put my head on my desk and say to my self: "I don't know what anyone is talking about." But that might just be because I am from the ninth circle of, of the ninth planet and so on...

But I wanted to give you a suggestion given to me by one AdmiralSprot. Who incedently turned me on to your Web Log, when I recently came into Borders Books and Music in Marlton, NJ looking for books on how to make friends.

He showed me a book called

How To Start A Conversation And Make Friends : Revised And Updated
by Don Gabor.

I've pasted the Amazon.com link below.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0684868016/qid=1107978305/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/104-5949216-2019146?v=glance&s=books

It's helped me a great deal.

Live long and Prosper,

Samicus (Samus)

PS: Don Gabor is evidently Hungarian not unlike my friend, playwright Mat Udvari.

PPS: I may not be Hungarian, but I sure am hungry!

3:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Orchid,
I am so sorry for the mournful loss of your new boyfriend. I have no doubt that he searches for you as frantically as you search for him. There are some independent investigation agencies who may be able to locate him, if you give them the license plate info you memorized, but that probably costs money.

Perhaps leave your search for love to fate. Or realize, as I have, that earth friends are simply not as loving as blogger friends. Or look into online dating. Or subscribe to the Sims Online.

Have you tried watching the Nanny with your other neighbor?

Good luck,

Mike

4:12 PM  
Blogger Orchard P Dirk said...

Well, first off, I would like to thank you all for your nice words and encouragement at at time such as this. it makes me very happy so much so that I smile a wide smile across my face, when I hear that you like coming to my blog and reading about my adventures of a girl such as I.

Esteban, watching The Nanny with you, when you bring your own chocolate, is just such a comforting thought and it is just shame that one so close to me, such as my neighbor cannot share in your attitude toward life and living it. I am not sure if I am "pscyho" as you say, Esteban, and I would prefer to think of myself just as a girl in this world trying her best to make friends and find her long lost loved one, but I suppose when I really get to thinking about it, labels like "psycho" are just that: Labels, and I have never been that efficient with labels.

João--you are so kind to make your website in English as well for the people such as I who are just so unfortunate because we are not fluent in all the other languages.

Sammus--your book is a nice recommendation and I checked out your link; thank you. The review says that "By following the simple and dynamic guidelines in this easy-to-read book, you'll be ready to strike up a great conversation with anyone anywhere!" I am looking forward to doing that, as well as learning how to "Identify your personal conversational style" and
"Talk to people from other countries and cultures"--although I do try very much so to do the latter of which, in my blog. But it is not speaking out loud, and so that is something that my voice will have to overcome.

Mike--thank you for your suggestion of an investigator. As you can see in my next post (i'm commenting here a day late--sorry), I have taken this quite to heart. I am not sure about the online dating game, as when I find my long lost love, he might not like my dating online. But the Sims is an idea, and The Nanny is, as well.

love,
orch

5:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home