Friday, January 28, 2005

Day 6: Life and dice

Well, when I ate my Cheerios and Life cereal this morning, I was reminded of that game Life and how I played it with myself when I was a child. I always wanted to be a doctor or a lawyer because they made a lot of money in the game, even though they may have had to invest a little of that money in college first. But I got to thinking how you got your career in Life by rolling the dice and I thought to myself this: Should I role dice to get my friends like how I got a career in the game of Life?

Well, it was a new thought for me, but I never like to dismiss any of my thoughts because what if that one thought I dismiss is the cure for cancer or the thought on how to end war? So I didn't dismiss this thought and instead started rolling a die in the place where I live. So as I was rolling, I saw I kept getting 4s and 1s and 3s and 2s and even some 5s and 6s. I thought this was a lot of coincidence, but I also thought maybe it was telling me I'd have between 1-6 new friends.

So I'm sharing this with you now because if you're one of my new 6 friends, maybe you should tell me, because if you don't, then I might think I misinterpreted my thought and it might mean I have to move to Atlantic City and play the dice there and that really would mean I wouldn't be able to blog because I don't know if I'd have to pay for the internet there or if they'd let me use it for free.

love,

Orchard P. Dirk


3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Atlantic City is not a place you can just up and move to. If you're considering that, you should think about cost of living and if you have any talent at "playing the dice" as you say. If you'd like to learn more about AC, check out http://www.atlanticcitynj.com/

Good luck on finding friends. Sorry--can't say I'm one of the 6 meant to be your friends, because I don't know who you are.

9:21 PM  
Blogger Alejandro Valdivia said...

Everything in life can be resolved by rolling the dice (if not, it should be).

Thanks for your comment (I hope you don't mind if i link you to my blog)

4:02 AM  
Blogger rg said...

Alejo:
I don't think that Life can be modeled by dice...
e.g.

Every time you wanted to go to the restroom, you'd have to take a card, and a dice. And it would read:
Go take a crap until you roll a 5. If you roll a 4, you loose your turn and the guy behind you gets the dice. If you roll a 1, you loose (pwn3d).

1:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home