Sunday, January 23, 2005

Day 1: A blog about finding friends

Well, it seems when I woke up this morning, I realized a lot of people in this world have a lot of friends, but it also seems there are a few who don't as much. So my mind suddenly had an interesting idea to write a blog about those second people I've mentioned because they often don't get the kind of attention they deserve because they don't have their friends to give them that attention.

So I'm going to tell you about my own journey to find friends because I've noticed that people seem to get valuable things out of other people's life experiences, and since I always have experiences every day, I thought I'd share!

This is what happened to me today in my journey to find friends:

There is a big snow storm where I live in New York state and so I was shoveling a driveway. It wasn't my driveway because I don't have a driveway, but it was someone else's driveway. I thought I'd be nice and shovel it. I didn't have a real shovel, but I was using a broom, which I thought was pretty clever.

So I used the broom to shovel my neighbor's driveway, but then his neighbor yelled at me, "Hey, kid!" he shouted--but I am not really a kid. So he shouted this and then he told me to stop putting snow in his yard. I wasn't trying to, but I guess part of the snow on the broom was getting tossed into his yard because while snow is really heavy to shovel, sometimes it's light and flies away.

I was a bit discouraged after that because I thought maybe I would make a friend by broom shoveling someone's driveway, but I guess I was wrong. The neighbor whose driveway I was shoveling just looked out the window and said, "What are you doing?" When I said I was broom shoveling his driveway, he came out and grabbed my broom and said I was scratching his car.

So then I took the broom back into my house and stopped broom shoveling. The broom made a lot of puddles in my house, so then I had to wipe them up with a towel and I'll probably have to clean my broom too because what's the sense of using a dirty broom, but I'm really just happy that maybe I have a new friend who is my neighbor.

love,
Orchard


8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Youre neighbor is right. using a broom can scratch up a car, especially if there is snow on top of it, because then you can't see the car as well. you should ask before you do something like that, or just keep it to the sidewalk.

-Harley

5:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

But at least you were trying to be nice and make a friend.

8:13 PM  
Blogger Orchard P Dirk said...

Yes, exactly! Thank you, Anonymous. I was trying to be nice and make a friend and sometimes a girl doesn't know what will make her a friend and what will make her neighbor testy. I appreciate your sticking up for me so much, Anon.

So much.

9:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So you are a girl? By your picture, you looked much smaller. Yes. Trying to be nice is good, but it somwtimes has it's drawbacks.

Brick Wall

9:41 PM  
Blogger Orchard P Dirk said...

Dear Brick Wall,
Yes, I am a girl. Thank you for looking at my picture! I'm so glad you noticed.

You said being nice has its drawbacks...could you tell me some of them? Have you experienced some of that yourself?

10:24 AM  
Blogger [ - Aswin - ] said...

Hi there..
This is something different from the other blogs i surf..
Your intention was quite right, but at times it will be painful. We have to live with it.
Good Luck and have a nice time

3:05 AM  
Blogger rg said...

FutureKid is right. Your blog sounds like a nice experiment, and I just started reading from scratch. Didn't want any spoilers... =)

1:39 AM  
Blogger Orchard P Dirk said...

Yes, I appreciate your both being so encouraging. I neever would have expected such close friendships to occur in the blog world, when I really just thought they would occur in the earth world, but when I get to thinking about it, I have always liked surprises.

12:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home