Thursday, January 27, 2005

Day 5: In honor of those who don't have snow

Well, it doesn't seem I'm depressed about no one writing on my blog, because it seems they did write, but just not when I thought they were going to. So I'm quite not depressed anymore, but the whole experience has given me insight into something very important. Today it seems that I'm thinking much more about other people than I am myself, which is often what I do when I am being selfless, which is much of the time, and my thoughts about other people today are this: I wonder how many other people are like me and trying to find friends like I am and making mistakes like I am?

I noticed a very insightful comment one of my best friend bloggers posted on my website. The blogger, Brick Wall, said, "Trying to be nice is good but sometimes it has its drawbacks."

That statement got me to thinking about all the other people in the world who don't even know what Pilates is or who maybe don't even have snow fall on their neighbors' cars, and I realized there are so many people far worse off than I. Because while I feel badly sometimes when even my best friends don't post and throw me into depression, there are probably people like me in Idaho or Australia that don't even know what a blog is and I really should be thinking of how to open the world up to them. So if you want to comment today about that, about how there are others like that--and maybe you know one and maybe you are one, well, this seems to be a good time to post those comments.

So today, instead of talking about my problems, I want to just say this to those people in places like Australia: There are a lot of people who want to be your friend, so don't dismay over not having snow, because you could just clean the bugs off of your neighbor's car and that is probably as good as snow anyway.

Love,
and in honor of those poor people who can't read my blog because they don't know how,

Orch

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you're not depressed anymore.

You are so kind to think of others. THere are tons in the world worse off, true, but I hardlyw ould say Idaho constitues a land of isolation and deprivation. We have more here than is the stereotype and I'm surprised that someone would even claim we don't have internet access in this day and age. However, I have a good suspicion that this writer, Orchard, is not entirely sound in the mind. Does anyone else agree with me?

10:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YO! I 'gree w U! Sheez WHACKD!

f** the 8-a'lope!

2:52 PM  
Blogger Orchard P Dirk said...

Hm. Well, it seems that some people just don't like a girl to tell her stories about life and her adventures or else they think she's "whacked". And it seems some people also just like to criticize a girl and write things with numbers instead of real letters just because a girl is trying to make a friend here and there.

Well, maybe I should write a whole post about this, because it just seems to me that maybe I should reach out to you and offer my friendship, as you might seem a bit angry. But it also tends to be the case that you did not leave your email address and just signed "anonymous" so that I have no way of thanking you for making me realize there are so many more that are still more scared than I.

6:34 PM  
Blogger rg said...

Brick Wall is right... sometimes you have to stand for yourself and stop being nice, or people will start stepping on you... and that's not good.

Oh, btw... I'm linking you in my blog, if you don't mind =)

2:12 AM  
Blogger Orchard P Dirk said...

I don't mind at all, Rolandog, and it's as I always say, "A blog community is meant to be shared."

I look forward to your comments and am happy to also send out a link to your site from my 10th day journal entry.

2:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home