Monday, February 07, 2005

Days 15, 16: Boston's earth friends then my big surprise at the Shell Gas Station

Well, it appears, as always, that just when you think you have everything under control and figured out into a perfect neat box, Life throws you something that some people call a "curveball" which tells you, in fact, you don't have it figured out at all and there are still new feelings to be had. And so, I will tell you the tale of my adventure in Boston where I learned a great lesson of things I did not know before that I intend to call Lesson A.

I left on Saturday afternoon in a car that I drive and took some highways that are 95 and 91 and 90 and they were all going North or East, because that is the direction in which Boston is located in relation to the place where I reside. And my eyes were doing their hard work by scanning all of the other vehicles that were also driving, as I was looking for the black SUV that the two people in Stop and Shop owned who were also going to the party I was trying to go to.

Well, as fate would have it, I seemed to get off at an exit in the area which is Boston without having seen the black SUV, and with my eyes being tired from all of their hard scanning, and in need of gasoline. I came to a gas station that is Shell, and I asked the waiter pumping my gas where a snow football game might be going on that all my new earth friends might be at. He seemed to not know, but he did say that people used school fields to play games on the weekends that are Saturday and Sunday, and since this was already Saturday, I decided to check one out in the place of Watertown, MA, which is where the Shell Station was, and which is apparently sort of Boston anyway.

I thought the Shell waiter was just so helpful that maybe he would have a spare room for me that night to sleep in, but it seems he did not, and no one else on the street near the Shell station seemed to have one either, so I decided to drive until I found a school field, and then take a little nap in my car that was full of gasoline and blankets now anyway. Well! The next morning, which was Sunday, I woke up by hearing the sound of people walking and talking and having fun being friends with each other!

I ran out of the car and saw all of my new earth friends (except the two girls at the Stop and Shop, who did not seem to quite be there, and so I do hope that they are alright) and told them I was ready for the party and to play snow-football because I used my money which I had put in my orange Clown bank to buy a pair of snowpants which would protect me from the wet snow below. They were so happy to see me that they all laughed with each other, so I did, as well, because I was just so joyous to have found them all at last, even if they did not seem to think a friend like I ought to share in the business of knowing their names, even when I asked.

So then they threw around a ball which is a football in America, and split us into teams, and it seems they wanted me to stand away from them and be the referee, because this was an important post. It was really a great time because they always laughed with each other when they looked at me on the side taking my notes for referee responsibilities, and it was just so great that a girl like I had finally found my true earth friends playing snow football in Watertown, MA.

But then I started to feel my feet were getting frozen as I could not feel them anymore, and it had been a cold night, even with the heat on sometimes and blankets, so I had to leave the game to find somewhere warm. And THAT is where my real adventure came. Because while I was sad to leave my new earth friends, I had a feeling that something interesting was about to occur, and when I got back in my car and drove to that Shell Station again which has a bathroom that I could soak my feet in the sink of to warm them up, it appears I saw a man, who was quite handsome in my eyes, filling up his car with gasoline, much as I had done the night before. And it seems that man saw me, as well, as after I waved and said, "Hi, I'm Orchard!", he looked at me and sort of squinted his eyes, looked around, then turned away from me--shy that a girl was paying attention to him, and put the nozzle back in its place.

Well, he then seemed to get in his car, and I ran to the side and again, told him my name and that he could also call me Orchid, if he thought that were prettier, like some of my blogger friends do. He said a thing or two which I don't want to repeat in this blog because they are not words for all ages, but that, were, undoubtedly, said because he felt a strong attraction to me, then he put a single finger to the glass window. At first, I was a little bit hurt, then I realized he meant this gesture to be touching, but then he had to speed away very fast, because it seems he could not handle his feelings at that moment.

So now it appears that I am in love with this man at the Shell Gas Station in Watertown, MA, even though my feet are still a bit tingly from the cold. And it came to pass that I spent the rest of yesterday trying to find him, but I could not, so I have returned here to New York State, in the hopes that he will find me, which would be a romantic tale. Because it is quite a treat when you are just looking for friends and then you end up falling in love when you didn't even think that was what you were trying to do, and so that is why I say that Life threw me something of a curveball called Lesson A, even when the Patriots from areas like Boston, did end up winning the Superbowl, as they tend to like to do 3 times in 4 years.

Love,

Orchard








4 Comments:

Blogger Alejandro Valdivia said...

Sounds like an interesting weekend, no doubt about it. In any case, welcome back.-

5:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Orchard,
It seems like you are looking for love in the wrong places. You don't usually find it at a gas station. When a person is filling their car with gas, it's generally all that is on their mind. So when the man put a finger on the glass, I don't really think it was because he wanted to touch you. I was probably something else. He sounds like a jerk anyway.
Perhaps you could make friends with a cat or dog. They make very good friends. They could live with you too - and the cat could also do double duty of catching mice in your home. Plus it could also warm your lap or feet in the cold times. Like after your feet were cold from standing in the field as a referee all day.
Look into it. I don't think the ASPCA will ask you as many questions as an adoption agency either.

Brickwall

6:07 PM  
Blogger "THE" Rob Cerio said...

I dunno brickwall... I think "love in a gas station would make a great title for one of those cheesy romance novels, so why can't it work for Orchard?

Oh, and Orchard, did you enjoy being referee?

4:26 PM  
Blogger Orchard P Dirk said...

Hi, Brickwall!! Well, in regards to the pet option, I have to admit that I am not ruling out such a possibility of getting a pet. I do have a bird that is called a cockatiel, as I mention in my next entry, but such a bird does not cuddle, nor serve two duties, such as a cat would. I shall have to see, but for now, I am not giving up on love. But I appreciate your suggestion and I think I will follow up on that at some point, as you always do say important things that are useful to remember in tough times.

Hi, Rob the Webkahunah! I think your title is a nice title for a book of my romance life and I am hoping that my life with the Shell Man will turn out as beautifully as my life-book is hoping it will.

Being referee was a very complicated task. I was watching as hard as I could, but even when I yelled, "Time out! Foul!" and other such sports terms, it appeared that my best earth friends were just not able to stop playing the game because they were just so into it, their feet wouldn't allow them to stop. One of my friends who is just so much fun, was running with the football, and I ran up to him and yelled at him to stop "traveling", and when he did stop finally, he got just so silly and pretended to yell and threw snowballs at me. He was quite one of those kinds of people that you just think is a lot of fun to be around.

10:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home