Sunday, January 30, 2005

Days 7, 8: My blog friend helps me find an earth friend

Well, it's actually turned out to be quite a weekend even though when I got up yesterday morning, I thought it would just be another Saturday and then a Sunday for the next day. It seems that one of my best blogger friends has written a blog which is in the Spanish language and also in English with lots of pictures and interesting thoughts. He has called his blog, Bitácora de Sobremesas, which is a name that is not in English, but I am so happy that he visited my blog and said that he would like to link my blog to his.

Well, I was just touched by this lovely gesture of community that I was very inspired. So I went outside to my neighbor whose car and driveway I was shoveling during the dangerous New York snowstorm last week, and I knocked on his door and asked him to come and have an M*Azing crunch candy bar with me. He didn't say anything, so I explained that I saw this candy on a television show that is called The Apprentice, and that I got this candy bar in my stocking this year for Christmas, which I celebrate with stockings.

I asked if he was feeling better from his illness that made him shut the door on me earlier this week, and he said he felt he might be coming down with that same illness again. But before that illness took over him, I put my foot in the way of his door and said, "Milk chocolate with M & M's minis and crunchy chocolate candies." It turns out that my neighbor has a real penchant for chocolate, which is good for a neighbor like me to know, and he couldn't resist my offer, so he came over and we ate the candy bar together.

So now that I have found a best friend that is in the earth world, not only in the blog world, I feel very sure that I will have so many more exciting tales to tell you to help all the others find blog and earth friends. I might be busy doing items with my new friend all of the time, but I want you to know that I won't abandon my blogger friends. Because when I really get to thinking about it, this never would have happened if my blogger friend, Alejo, hadn't posted such a sweet post and made me feel that sense of community that got me to share my M*Azing bar from The Apprentice which now has another season on for college kids versus high school kids who are self-made.

Love,

Orchard (and my neighbor--who isn't here right now because he had to go change his cat's litter box yesterday, but I'm sure he will be back and will help me with ideas for my blog about me and him and my other friend adventures)


4 Comments:

Blogger [ - Aswin - ] said...

Hi again.
Thanks for your kind words. If you need any help, count on me.

1:25 PM  
Blogger Alejandro Valdivia said...

Thanks! Such responsibility! (jeje).

3:29 PM  
Blogger rg said...

Thanks for your kind reply on my blog, Orchard. But the comments you've left on my blog are entries on a message center... hence the 'messages' title.

The blogger comments and haloscan comments are still active for each post. You should read this post about my new desing.

As a matter of fact, you can read the post's comment without going to the post page from my blog's main page. Just click on the little "+ ..." sign below to the left of each post title, and then click on blogger comments.

2:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wouldn't be able to resist chocolate either!

10:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home