Thursday, February 03, 2005

Day 12: Does Green make us value life more, and thoughts on my best friend baby

Well, today, my blog entry is going to be a quite philosophical one, because not as much action has occured today yet, but much thought has, and as much as I love the action that makes up my life, sometimes a little thought here and there is not such a bad thing.

I'd like to start this post with a quote from my friend, Alejo's blog: "Verde que te quiero verde. Verde viento. Verde ramas."

Now, I don't know Spanish; I only know a little bit of the language that is French, but sometimes French and Spanish have words that are called "cognates" and this means that they are sort of similar to each other, so I am guessing that the statement has something to do with how Green comes and Green remains. And if the Green represents Life, then it seems to be echoing the statement I always say, which is this, "If life has a lot of cultures and different people in it, then we should really value all those different cultures, because they will live on unless they all merge into one someday, but that will be a sad day because I really like to enjoy the differences in the world."

So all this thought has made me want to buy a plane ticket to see another part of the world and maybe therein lies my Green that will remain. But for now, I don't want to make another phone call to get a plane ticket, and I do not make such purchases online, nor do I have the money, so I will have to wait until my fate changes and my phone calls are productive again.

However, I appreciate all the nice thoughts from my new blogger female friends, called Jenny J who likes to post her own comment and SueShi (who calls me Orchid and I rather quite like that name too), and of course, my old blogger male friends, and all the anonymous ones too, who have encouraged me to also think through the best friend baby process. And that is indeed what I intend to do until I know that the baby's Green remains in the state in which I live that is the great Empire State of New York, who has changed its license plates over the past few years.

LOVE,

Orchard (or if you want to call me Orchid--that's pretty too)

4 Comments:

Blogger Alejandro Valdivia said...

I wish I had writen it, "Verde que te quiero verde..." was writen by Federico Garcia Lorca, from Spain, many years ago, and indeed has something to do with the relationship between life and death. The picture is mine though (:p). Thanks for putting some thought on what I'm trying to say, it's really helpful to get feedback such as yours.
By the way, if you ever decide to get on that plane I highly recommend Costa Rica to start, a lot of green... the bad part is that (like in the rest of the world) the phone doesn't work; but you've noticed that already.
Saludos!

2:45 AM  
Blogger rg said...

Although the very diversity of the human race is what makes us so special... sometimes, we must move on.

I think uncertainty has been holding the worlds leaders from amplifying their concept of the world. Mexico (and the US, et al) was part of it as well... 10 years ago (or so)... lots of people wanted to beleive that "The Chupacabras" existed.

We live in a world where "half the world lives with less than two dollars a day"... now that it's quite evident, some countries have determined that something should be done about the world's poor people, but who didn't see it coming that the world's richest nation refused to back up the plan?

I think it's nice to see that an organization such as the UN has set up their goals for this millennium. I think those goals can be reached.

Well, enough rambling for now...

/I'm sorry for taking so long to comment back in your blog, Orchid. I had to take some exams, and was burdened by homework from school. =(
I'm still in the process of catching up, reading your posts and all your friend's comments.

3:21 AM  
Blogger QuentinCompson said...

Perhaps a trip to Greenland is in order, Orchard, to really kick this philosophical journey into high gear...

10:30 AM  
Blogger Orchard P Dirk said...

Well, it is just not a very bad idea to try out Greenland for a while, and I do like how you are always thinking of the next step, but for now, the trip would cost more money than I can afford, so I will just content myself to looking at pictures that have green in them and the like.

12:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home