Monday, February 14, 2005

Days 21, 22: Applebees, my new 4 friends, and the change of my life

Well, it appears that the weekend was quite a climax of sorts, but it really was the case that I was quite sleeping a lot on the days of Saturday and Friday and this is just the mark when the body knows that it is going to have a climactic change such as I had, so as to store up enough energy to make it through, which is exactly what I did.

And so after I was done being tired on Saturday, I found that I had awoken up in my bed and there looking straight at me was the man that I have fallen in love with! He was smiling just the way I remember his bearing his teeth and just making me feel like a special girl to have someone like him who fills up his gas at the Shell Station in Watertown, MA, when I really didn't even know that Shell was such a popular gas station anymore, but apparently it is quite something else. I felt just so happy that he had finally found me, but of course, it was what I like to call a "dream of sorts" and so I woke up and really there was nothing staring at me other than my bird who is a cockatiel and I think he was more mad than glad because I had not fed him that day because I had slept and slept like no other.

So after I got up and fed my cockatiel whose name begins with the letter "D", I turned on the television set which I own and there is where my turn of events began, which is ironic because my adventure last weekend began outside and this time it began inside the residence in which I live. Well, the tv liked to tell me about a place called Applebees where they are all there to have a good time and give you nice grilled food and drinks that are like shakes with a little alcohol, but not enough to taste or feel in your body, but enough to make it worth a few extra dollars because of that alcohol that does not seem to be there much but that just tastes like a very nice chocolate and vanilla shake. And so I knew at that moment that Applebees was the place for me to go right then and there on the spot.

But it appears it was quite late at that moment, as it was more like 4am in my time, but I imagine it would not have been that late in Dreamwalker's time who lives in a country that is not even close to my time zone here in the Northeast of the US of A. So Sunday, I dashed to the Applebees that I had discovered was only about 5 miles from my residence, and I just knew things were going to be for the best.

When I arrived, after a man welcomed me, this same man asked me a question, who was called a "host", and the question he asked was this: "How many in your party?" And so I thought about it, and I decided I would like to have 10 in my party. And so it took him a moment to arrange the proper tables, and then he invited me over to wait for my friends. I ordered that drink that is like a milkshake, and then I saw a group of 4 interesting looking sorts of people enter the Applebees and so I ran to the Host and told him they were going to be in my party. Well, it seems they were not too interested in that idea, but the Host seemed to like the idea because he sort of smiled a smile that said, "I like that idea, Orchard," and I am never one to argue with that.

So he seated them near me, but not quite yet at my table, but close enough so that I was able to move my chair next to them and if I spoke in a rather high pitched, clear loud voice, I was sure that they would hear me. I struck up a few conversations about cooking, like Rob the Webkahunah and Rolandog suggested, and nice people in New Orleans like Javafoofoo told, me, but it wasn't until I talked about Gypsies as Alejo suggested that their attention was really peaked. At that point, they actually turned to look at me and see my face, which I thought was much more interesting than just their backs and backs of shirt collars. They seemed to ask me some very specific questions that proved they were listening to me, and it seemed they were quite intrigued with my ability to speak, as I could tell by the intensity and volume of their speech, and wondered why I was talking to them when they were so tempted to move seats away from me. Well, I accepted their unspoken challenge to peak their interest more, as I am not one to give up on challenges, so I started talking a lot faster so as to get more information in a shorter period of time, and I tried to quote all of the lovely marriage lines that Aswin gave me after my bake sale flopped, and I think that really got them because they just didn't know what to do with themselves, and got so excited with me that they were very adament about leaving the Applebees entirely.

Well, this was a nice turn of events, because it is not every day that a girl can make such great 4 friends as I made who are so inspired by one's words that they must go out to the world immediately and start making positive changes, which I'm sure is what my new friends were doing, and which is why I'm letting them have some peace to make their changes because maybe they were putting a stop of the poverty of children who do not have proper nutrition or exercise.

After my four friends left, the host did not seem to think he ought to sit anyone else near me and he also seemed to think that the manager agreed I should go out into the world, because I am sure that they also saw that spark in me at that moment and wanted to make sure I capitilized on that passion and that I did some good, instead of just sitting in the Applebees and drinking a shake and meeting friends. Because it is at that moment that I learned I must do good in the world like my new four friends from the Applebees, even if I just start at home.

So I thought a lot on Sunday about what good I should do, and it wasn't until today, Monday, when I put all that thinking into practice and so what I did to change the world was that, even on this Valentine's Day, when I should be with my Shell Love Man, I put that aside to start digging a little ditch near the side of the road in the town in which I reside, because it seems that when it snows and rains that the water likes to puddle up the road, but if it had a nice ditch next to it, it would just run out of the way and not cause cars any harm, which is really the good deed at the local level that I had thought of on Sunday.

So it has been long cold day, and digging the ditch with my snow shovel has not been as simple of a task as I had hoped. And I really do love my garbage men, but I had to make haste away from them when they arrived because they seemed to not think it was such a good idea for me to be digging as I was, but since no one else seemed to notice for the rest of the day, I think I've been a success, because it's as I like to always say, "If no one notices your good deed, then that really means it is good because the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing except when they need each other's cooperation to do that good because then they must know and work together in fact" which is like what happened with me and the shoveling.

And so that is where I am at right now with my life, and it may come as quite a shock to you that I have put this priority of helping the world above finding my long lost true love, but it is what I feel would be the best for me and the world right now and so that is why I have made this tremendous change in which my life just might take a very different turn from what I have experienced thus far, such as my needing all that sleep Friday and Saturday so indicated.

Love,
Orch

1 Comments:

Blogger rg said...

Orchid, I'm glad you single-handedly changed the minds of four people who are now your friends.

I hope you do well with your new goal of helping the world... but there are a lot of levels in which you could help.

Now, remembering that today is Valentines Day, I wanted to post a link for an image I took (here it is), and a small 'poem' that I wrote to girls I consider my good friends.

Thanks for allowing me
to be your pal, for sharing
your life with me...
Thank you for your support, your affection
and your wise advice;
But most of all, thanks for
your priceless frienship!

12:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home