Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Day 24: Time to leave my distractions behind and focus on finding earth friends again

Well, it seems to be the situation that life has a way of catching up with you, even if you're trying to catch up with it because you never really know what way it's going until it comes to you, which is just one of those funny things about life, like how it can look like a hurricane is coming when the sun breaks through the cloud after a rain, but really it is just light and color and not a hurricane after all.

And so I am always allowing myself to be an example of life so that I can learn from it just like I did yesterday, and today is no exception because it appears afterall that perhaps my long lost love is just exactly that: long, lost, and love.

See, today when I opened up the internet, I read a little bit from an "archived", but not more than 1 week ago, article about a man from NewYork state who had decided to move to a country called Australia,which I'm sure some of you have heard of, especially Dreamwalker who lives in New Zealand, which apparently is not too dissimilar from the area Australia is situated in. Well, I only had to read the article one time to know that it was my long lost love from the Shell Gas station and as this life caught up to me, I had to ask myself the question: Do I want to move to Australia to follow my long lost love, or do I want to remain in the state of New York, even though I do not live in the city of New York, which doesn't know who is going to bid the highest on the west side property that the Jets want, and for which the mayor wants a stadium so the Olympic committee will be wooed by his little city?

And I decided to eat an orange with peanut butter because the citrus and cream mixed together, I have found, often clear up a head that is fogged with pressing or philosophical questions as I tend to have about my living and other such things. Sure enough, this time was no different and suddenly I remembered all of my best blogger friends that I will name right now because they deserve that special attention because that is also what my blog is about and I do care for them: Alejo, Rolandog, RdTurpin, Aswin, Rob the Webkahunah, Anonymous, Franklin, Mike, Michael, Admiral Sprot, Brickwall, JennyJ, Samicus, SueShi, Jazin and Jinny, Hector, João Lacerda, Dreamwalker, Esteban, Javafoofoo, Lolichi... and it came to pass that I realized my journey was only halfway even begun! I am searching to find friends in this world, and I have found a few valuable friends in the blog world who even share valentine's day poems with me that were shared with other best girl friends, as well, but I have not been able to get together with my best earth friends yet because none of them seems to allow me to know their names or where they live or their phone numbers, except my neighbors who cannot quite keep their address hidden from me, but even they try now and again, which could be quite frustrating for a girl who does not have sustinence in the blogger world, which luckily I have.

So it would not be a good thing for a girl like me to give up all of this because she wants to go to Australia to find her long lost love, even when she can't afford it anyway, so it's like I always say, "When life catches up with you it will ground you, but when you have been pushed to that ground, you must smell the earth and be reminded of why you are there in the first place, and that has to do with the earth and finding earth friends, and you must not abandon said issue because life has put a distraction in the way to test you, such as falling in love with a Shell Man." And I am really never one to argue with a good saying, so that is what I've come to realize.

But I do wish my Shell Love Man the best even if he was just a test that Life gave me and not my permanent love, because he is now going to the country where they have animals that have pouches and jump into the air high as can be, but do not live in the circus because that is just not the place for an animal who teaches you to not let life throw you distractions from your real goals, even though its babies do stay inside the pouch and grab on, but at least they are not born as eggs.

Love,

Orchard P Dirk,

Finder of Earth Friends who has NOT given up

6 Comments:

Blogger "THE" Rob Cerio said...

Orchard...
It's too bad that you can't just take your "blogsphere" friends (New term I read in the newspaper just today)And make them into real world friends... but it's tough to say, go to the movies with somone when you live in say, New Orleans, Louisiana, and they live in say, Auckland, New Zealand. I suppose if I tonneled streight down through the earth, I would wind up in Dreamwalker's back yard, but I can't seem to get the zoning permits.

Anyway, maybe we could think of a way to bridge the Blogsphere and Biosphere... like say, all renting the same movie, and watching it at the same time while gathered in an online chat room together or something.

11:10 PM  
Blogger rg said...

Rob, that sounds like a great idea... we can all promise to be watching at the same time... eating something similar... (pizza & beer anyone? =P)

Don't worry Orchid... earth friends are perhaps close at hand... but you live in a city that is really big...
and people that live in big cities tend to be unfriendly.

12:58 AM  
Blogger Elle said...

It's too bad that you are not coming to Oz as it is close to NZ and I would be able to visit you. But I do think that New York must be a great city and I hope to visit it one day. However I think that NY does needs to have someone like you, because as Rolandog says, "people that live in big cities tend to be unfriendly," and you are there to change that.
I love movies, pizzas and beer...good idea, what do you think Orchard?

2:30 AM  
Blogger Orchard P Dirk said...

Well, what a very nice idea to try to make it like our blog friends are earth friends too in the real world! But I must say that I do not live in New York City, but rather in the state of New York, in a town that is not far from New York City, but just not actually inside of it, although I have found people to still be quite rather unfriendly even in my town, except for the people who are nice now and then.

Well, there are many movies about friends, but I don't know how to put a link in a comment without just writing the whole thing and we all know how that can look a bit messy, as it tends to want to. But here are a few that you could look up on netflix.com or other such places. Or actually, perhaps I shall just intend to write my post today about some of this and put the movies in there and that way we can all just click on them and read and choose rather than you all having to do such hard work, but I really don't know if Netflix is world-wide, or just in the US of A and I'd so hate to leave out all of my best blogger international friends, but I am just sure there is something similar to that somewhere else outside of here.

3:13 PM  
Blogger [ - Aswin - ] said...

OD,
You seem to get hurt quickly. You shd be strong enough.
Here s some cool piece of soccer trivia to cheer you up

---------------------------------------
"Barbados needed to win the game by two clear goals in order to progress to the next round. The trouble was caused by a daft rule in the competition which stated that in the event of a game going to penalty kicks, the winner of the penalty kicks would be awarded a 2-0 victory."

"With five minutes to go, Barbados were leading 2-1, and going out of the tournament - because they needed to win by 2 clear goals.

"Then, when they realised they were probably not going to score against ! ; Grenada's massed defense, they turned round, and deliberately scored an own goal to level the scores and take the game into penalties.>

"Grenada, themselves not being stupid, realised what was going on, and then attempted to score an own goal themselves.

"However, the Barbados players started defending their opponents goal to prevent this.

"In the last five minutes, spectators were treated to the incredible sight of both team's defending their opponents goal against attackers desperately trying to score an own goal and goalkeepers trying to throw the ball into their own net.

"The game eventually went to penalties, which
Barbados won and so were awarded a 2-0 victory and progressed to the next round!
---------------------------------------
Hope you understand Soccer. The American team is one of the best in Women's Soccer.

4:40 AM  
Blogger Orchard P Dirk said...

Well, the comments about soccer are just something to think about and I appreciate your care and concern and thoughtfulness. I suppose I do get hurt from time to time, and that is just the nature of being a girl in this world that is not always designed not to hurt a girl like I, but even so, I do not feel hurt right now and just feel more focused in my journey, so I do not feel pain that my Shell man has moved away because that is just what he had to do, and as I said, I tend to know it was some sort of test to get me to stay true to my goals, of finding friends, and sure enough, it has made me stronger, as you wished. Thanks!

1:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home