Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Days 29, 30: How the snow postponed my menu party for yoga friends

See it tends to be the situation that if you just hold on to your good nature even in the face of trials, you just might find out that what you thought was a bad thing was just a good thing in disguise that maybe even protected your best friends, and things just always work out rather quite nicely.

So wouldn't you know it, but it happened to be the case that none of my best new yoga friends turned up to my party on Sunday night. I was quite disappointed at first because it occured that I had created the following menu:

1) a bowl of melted cheese with lots of pretzels in it
2) Kool-Aid that was blue and tasted like a blueberry that is sour and sweet also
3) Jalapeno Poppers from a box that said TGIF on the outside that I put in the oven
4) Applesauce that I made from apples I received from a Fruit of the Month club I purchased as a Christmas gift to myself
5) Tuna fish on top of crackers with also paprika and parsley sprinkled on top
6) White chocolate candy that I had melted and shaped into little yoga mats
7)
Hamburger Helper, "four cheese"
8) Asparagus with bacon wrapped around it and cooked a little bit in the oven
9) Tonic water with sixteen oranges squeezed into it

Well, so it appears that most of these food items were not able to be scarfed down by my friends because they were not there in my residence in order to
scarf them down and tell me how they wanted to go ice skating with me and be my best friend. I tried not to be sad, but to be strong and so I remained in decent spirits, and then around 10pm my time, I turned on the television set and noticed that there were many winter storm warnings for the NYC/CT/Westchester/Rockland etc. areas, and then I knew that my friends were only being cautious because the weather was so bad, and who can blame a best friend yoga partner if she or he just wants to be safe on the roadways and not slide around a lot?

So now I wish to reschedule my event, but since none of my best friends would give me their numbers, and none of them called me because they were probably too embarrassed to admit they were scared of the "Winter Storm Warning," I do not have a perfect way to get ahold of them, even though I was prepared to laugh and host, as Rolandog suggested. But as Rob the Webkahunah said, I should probably just go back there anyway and meet more friends, and it looks like I'll have to in order to find my old friends. So yesterday I spent most of the day holed up in my residence as we had gotten a bit of snow on top of us here in the eastern part of New York State, but I made good use of my time and made fliers for my new party which I will take to the yoga studio and distribute on a daily basis from now until this upcoming Sunday when I am planning my new party where I shall serve the preztels in the cheese soup again.

And it is not that adventurous of a blog "post" because it is more about what didn't happen, and those sorts of things can only compare to other things that didn't happen, of which I have no others to share right now, but I always love your support, and just really hope that none of my best earth yoga friends got in car accidents because of the bad roads driving to see me on Sunday night, so I really just hope they stayed put, and are ready to see me again, now that the sun is shining and the temperature is in the 40s which is in Farenheit which is what the US of A uses as a system of measurement for the temperature, but Celcius/Centagrade is just a great thing that we all use in the Scientific community no matter what.

Love,
Orchard

4 Comments:

Blogger Michael said...

Orchard

Simply enjoying your journey.


Take Care
Michael

11:23 PM  
Blogger rg said...

Wow Orchard, I knew that you were going to be a great host... too bad them guys were cowards =P

It just occurred to me that you're either trying too hard or that you're too fast for normal people while becoming friends.

What I'm trying to say is that I think some people can be scared of becoming friends too fast... and I think that in such a big city as NY, people tend to be afraid of pretty much everything or everyone.

So I think that when other people find such a friendly person in an unfriendly environment, those people will get scared instead of rejoiced.

I think you still need to work on your 'socializing' process... but so far, so good!

Take care Orchid!

8:18 PM  
Blogger Orchard P Dirk said...

Thanks for enjoying the journey, Michael, because, as always, that is something that each of us must contemplate in reference to journeys and I appreciate your encouragement!

Rolandog, you are quite nice to say so far so good and to give me tips on socializing better, but I just wonder if I am being too friendly and scaring these people, how is it that I can be friendly still, but not scare them, even though I do not quite live in the city of New York, but rather outside of New York, but near it, not in it?

10:18 PM  
Blogger "THE" Rob Cerio said...

All I know is that I need to try that "tonic water with sixteen oranges squeezed into it" thing at my next party. Sounds yummy!

12:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home