Friday, March 18, 2005

Day 54: My encounter with Kimmy and how now I just use the Gazelle eliptical again

So, yesterday, I decided to paint my ostrich paper mache gift for Kimmy green in honor of St. Patrick's Day, but I did not have any paint or crepe paper as tends to be what people use to make the newspaper of a paper mache look like it is not simply newspaper. Well, I have always been one to make do with what I have, and today was no exception. So I just used a marker that was green and colored it to the best of my ability. The marker happened to run out part way through my coloring, so then I finished up by gluing some bits of grass that had returned to the world from under its snow blanket. The grass was more brown than green, but I supposed that was alright.

Then today, I sat out by Kimmy's residence once more, waiting to see her enter or leave her place of living, and I got to thinking about quite a bit. I got to thinking about my long lost love that I saw at the Shell Station and who lives in Australia now, and I got to wondering if a girl like I would ever really find true love if she can't find a friendship that doesn't have such problems, such as not being able to contact one's friend.

Well, just then, in the middle of this thought, Kimmy, came out of her residence, and I saw that as not a bad sign, and that maybe meant that I would be able to contact my long lost love at some point again, who has never truly left my heart entirely. Kimmy saw me and did not run to her car this time, but stood and held up a bucket at me. I ran to her and tried to give her a hug, but she shoved the bucket at me and said, "Yours. You take." So I took the bucket and thanked her for returning it, as the last time that I saw Kimmy was when I showed her quite a fun game called "Bad Cow" where I filled that bucket with spoiled milk and dumped it on Kimmy and I thought it was so cute and funny the way she ran around just like the little animal she was pretending to be, and that's when she had to make me rush off, probably because she had to get to yoga class, and that's when it became difficult to contact her since then.

So Kimmy has always been a thoughtful girl and this was no different, as she was so sweet to think of returning the bucket. But she did not look as sweet as she has in the past, but I do not blame her for not looking sweet when she has probably been a little bit sick inside her residence all by herself without her friend, Orchard, to cheer her up.

After I thanked Kimmy, she went to her car and got in, and then said a sentence that was more English than I'd ever heard her say before and that sentence, which still cuts me to the bone and heart even now, one day after the fact--that sentence she said was this:

"Orchard--no more. Orchard no friend. No more. Good bye. No more. No more."

All the while she kept shaking her head and flailing her arms from inside her car. Well, I fear that she thought I was an imposter and that the real Orchard was somewhere else, so I yelled, "No, It's me, Kimmy! I'm Orchard--come to be your best friend again!" And I even threw the bucket in the air to show how excited I was, and it landed on her car, which was another sign we were meant to be best friends.

But Kimmy yelled, "No more! No more, Orchard! Go! Go!" And she tooted the horn on her car and looked at me with not a nice look at all, which I assume she meant for the imposter Orchard, not me, but of course, she did not realize I was not the imposter, but the real thing.

And then she drove off.

I decided not to follow her because she seemed upset, so instead, I picked up the bucket that she had returned and I got out the ostrich paper mache creation and I put it in the bucket along with my card that said, "I miss you, Kimmy. Please, let's hang out and be best friends again!" And then I placed the bucket with the green tap dancing ostrich by the trash dumpster outside of Kimmy's residence.

Because I do not know how to convince Kimmy I am the real Orchard, especially when she does not understand most of what I say anyway, and she just had such an angry look to her that it crushed my insides so I feel like quite a bit of tightness in my throat and chest.

But that is all not entirely a shock, as today is the day after St. Patrick's Day, when the calendar is at its lowest point, which is why there are no pictures or colorful words in my blog today, and being at the lowest point of the non-orthodox calendar is a thought which encourages me at least, so I guess there is always light at the end of the tunnel.

And now, after the encounter, I have simply played on my eliptical machine because there is really nothing else a girl like I can do when her best friend, Kimmy, tells her "No more, Orchard. No more," even if she thought she was talking to an imposter.

love,
or

3 Comments:

Blogger Alejandro Valdivia said...

Don't worry, Kimmy will find the real Orchid (you) and everything will be ok. Besides, remember that you have other friends, even if we are not earth friends as Kimmy, we are still your friends;) so cheer up!

4:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, Orchard, I agree with what Alejo said. I think everything will turn out alright in the end. Perhaps this will, in some roundabout way, lead you to make new friends that speak more english and don't mind as much when your buckets land on their cars.

Do you by any chance have a picture of the Ostrich? He sounds like a a wonderful creation!

10:16 PM  
Blogger Orchard P Dirk said...

Well, Mike, I just don't have a picture of the ostrich and the trash man probably has my creation by now, but that is just the way things end up sometimes, and one just has to hold one's head high and take that high road, such as the one I'm trying to take is. But thank you both, Alejo and Mike, for reminding me of my blog-friends, who are quite significant indeed, but of course, it is also sometimes fun to do things with a friend outside of a computer. But I would never trade my blogger friends for anything, because you guys are always there for me, and you always know it is me, and not an imposter because I sign my name Orchard P Dirk, and I doubt Blogger would allow 2 people with teh same names to create an account.

5:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home