Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Day 44: The burger the street woman threw at me and how I still was not prepared for the lesson of life today

A woman on the street in NYC who had a mcdonald's hamburger in her hand, once told me as I trotted by, "Don't get comfortable in life, because that's when everything changes!" And she even tossed her hamburger at me, as if to prove the point that I wasn't on my guard to block the hamburger, but I really rather just felt sorry that she had wasted such a nice sandwich, but apparently it wasn't much of a waste because she picked it right up from the ground and went back to eating it and doling out wisdom to other passersby as if nothing had happened.

But something had happened. And ever since then, I wondered when this piece of wisdom from the street lady would come into play in my life and it seems that day is today. Because it was today when I went to Kimmy's house to pick her up so we could go chalk paint grizzly bears on the sidewalk and make them have human characteristics like anger, giggling, snarling, narrowing eyes, being shocked and such, as we'd planned, that I recognized Kimmy was not in her place of residency. I waited upon her steps for quite some time to no avail, even through the rain, but when the snow storm started, I decided it was time to walk to another place, because I was not wearing gloves or a hat as it had appeard to be 40 degrees Farenheit earlier, but now it had gotten very cold in the 20s Farenheit again and very windy which made it colder as tends to be the effect one weatherman calls "wind chill."

So I made up many notes and used my gum to stick them to all of Kimmy's windows, as I had not brought tape, as I did not anticipate such a trying afternoon and an afternoon filled with needing tape, but that is just like the mcdonald's street lady had intimated to me even back then to be prepared. And so it appears that my friend, Kimmy, from a far off place called Taiwan, who does not speak too much English but only the nice words, has gone off to another place and decided she did not want to chalk paint grizzlies after all, even though people in the great state of New York tend to legally hunt brown or black bears with rifles, and they are coming more and more south is the word, but New Jersey had quite a problem of that years ago, but at least it is not the New Jersey Devil, is what I say.

Well, I have learned my lesson and I suppose it was the hard way, because I had rather gotten comfortable with my Kimmy friend. But Life has stirred the pot with me in it, and that is just something that doesn't stick until you experience it in life yourself, as tends to be what occured in my said life only today, which is really only half way done in my time, although Dreamwalker is probably on the 9th of March already, which is just too fast for me, although I did eat several peanut butter preztels at a speed of which I am not proud.

Love,

Orchard

7 Comments:

Blogger Elle said...

I made a note of your wisdom site for when I need my teeth fixed, it will come in handy. Thanks Orchard. It is so hot over here at the moment I am finding it hard to imagine cold and wind chill..., I am starting to look forward to winter. Perhaps Kimmy had a good reason for not being home? I hope she is OK. It is the 9th incidently.

8:31 PM  
Blogger Gabo said...

Have you ever considered the thought of working with pics or just illustrating your site?

12:19 AM  
Blogger Alejandro Valdivia said...

Wow, what a valuable lesson! But even like that, I canĀ“t wait to get comfortable again.

3:09 PM  
Blogger Justin said...

Your Blog is brilliant, can I put a link to it on my site?

I was just cruising by and ended up reading half the posts...good stuff


justinschmidt.blogspot.com

2:32 PM  
Blogger rg said...

Wow... that's really funny. A woman teaching other people life lessons by throwing her hamburger at them.

I'm still 'flaundering' in my visit count to your blog... sorry about that, but I'm in a long batch of exams that has kept me busy during three weeks!

9:26 PM  
Blogger Orchard P Dirk said...

You are quite right, Dreamwalker, that having handy information about wisdom teeth is quite an underestimated notion, and having had all 4 of my wisdom teeth pulled out of my mouth, as tends to be the trend with American dentists, it is nice that one can help. It is interesting that it is so hot where you are and rather a scientific thing that the seasons change due to the earth and all.

Gabo, I am not as high tech to put pictures on my site, as blogger is just the way that it is, although I admire so much others who put on such rather nice pictures, but I am not advanced, I suppose, in that department, because a girl such as I can only hold so much knowledge before it spills over onto the floor and causes catastrophe.

Justin, I am so happy that you have joined our family and perhaps you will see Fargo one day and discuss with us, as well, and it is so kind of you to want to link to my blog, which of course you can, even though I must say to ROLANDOg, that I still only receive error messages when I try to click on any articles on his site, which saddens me, but perhaps I shall try a different browser or computer? But I wish you much luck on your exams, and understand we all get busy in life, as I even feel bad that I am only posting a few times a week, instead of every day, but things will change with that soon, especially if I have no earth friend to hang out with at the moment again. But life is such as it is, as I've stated before, and we are just the ones to figure out what it is!

Love, orchard

10:13 PM  
Blogger Orchard P Dirk said...

But Alejo, I do agree that it is something else to be comfortable and I do miss those days with Kimmy...but perhaps I shall find comfortableness in a different facet once again?
love, orchard

10:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home