Thursday, March 03, 2005

Day 39: Are you sad? Because I haven't really left you guys, best friend bloggers!

Well, it seems that a girl like I has not posted anything new for five (5) days and it also appears that only Gabe and Johnnie Walker/3leggedlizard/Dreamwalker have commented on anything, and what they did appears to be about wild children which were quite nice comments and I welcome Gabe or Gabo to this wonderful world of the blogging industry. But it all leads me to believe that perhaps my tale of my new earth friend has left some of my blogger friends feeling a bit sad, perhaps a bit green, but I would not like to presume, and perhaps just a bit feeling worried that since I have found this new earth friend, perhaps I won't value my blogger friends as much, but I am here to tell you that is not the case at all, and that I still consider you all my best friends in the blog world which is the world that I have found to be quite supportive.

So I will be quite delicate in what I'm going to share today so as not to hurt the feelings of my best friend bloggers, who are just so sweet to say they will try my tonic water with sixteen (16) oranges squeezed in it like Rob the Webkahunah, and how you all just gave me encouragement that my party got unattended due to the "Nor'Easter," or whatever storm it was way back then five (5) or six (6) or maybe even ten (10) days ago.

So what I wanted to share with you was this: I have figured out that my new best friend earth friend has a name that is quite hard to pronounce or write out, so she has allowed me to call her Kimberly, which is quite unusual as Kimberlys tend to have red hair and freckles and my Kimberly has black hair and brown eyes, but such is life when it really just suprises you at all angles. Well, I have taken Kimberly to my residence to watch a movie that the dvd case called "Fargo" and we played a game that is called "Phase Ten," but Kimberly did not seem to do very many wise moves with her cards, so we took to just throwing the cards around the room and some even at the tv, and my bird tried to join in by sitting atop a card and nibbling at the sides and making a noise that can only be interpreted as, "That is quite nice that you have found a true earth friend, Orchard!" And it really is just the best when even your bird cockatiel supports you in your decisions that you have decided upon.

So we have done that activity as I named above, and we have also hopped along the white and yellow lines in the road, as well as trying to balance on garbage cans, and even visiting a factory that made colored crayons in a city that is not too far away from where I live, and other such activities as young people these days always find themselves partaking in. I have found that Kimberly likes to say rather the same things over and over and those things are either, "Yes, please, thank you" or "quite nice" or "oh, yes, yes, that is good" and so on and so forth. I do not mind this in general, but I am now getting the feeling that she really is not quite listening to me, and when a girl such as I has so many important things to share and tell the world, it can become a bit frustrating when that girl's best earth friend simply nods her head that does not have red hair on it, and affirms whatever that girl is saying, such as I.

And so I have tried to teach Kimberly to say other fun things, as Dreamwalker has even suggested, but it doesn't seem to take, as when I teach her these fun things to say, she still tends to nod her head a lot and smile and say things like, "Oh, yes, that is good" but I already know it is good and that is why I'm telling her. But it seems she'd rather just say it is good than say the thing which is good that is a quite fun thing to say.

But I am not giving up because she is the only earth friend that has the ability to spend time with me, and in a world that is just so
topsy turvy as ours, it is not such a bad thing, even if that someone does not seem to hold much converstaion. But most of my other earth friends do not have phone numbers they feel like giving out, or do not like to say things in a quiet tone to me when I knock on their doors of their houses with my friendly greetings of friendship and joy. And Kimberly certainly always has something nice to say, such as Thank you, and Yes, but I just didn't want you all to feel bad or think I have abandonned you, and even if my adventures are not the same, I still miss you all and hope that we can watch a movie together and discuss, as tends to be what a few bloggers discussed back on another day, because if a girl can't make her best friend bloggers feel better and want to make comments and be at ease with her again, then how is that girl a best friend blogger afterall?

Love always and forever,
to my best friend bloggers who need not feel threatened that I have found an earth friend who shares my love of making toothpaste and styrofoam surfboards,

Orchard P. Dirk

13 Comments:

Blogger Michael said...

Sometimes best friends listen while the other friends talk of their journey. When they are really good friends they can both be quiet and walk together.

Take Care
Michael

5:20 PM  
Blogger Orchard P Dirk said...

Well, I just thank you for your kind words of reason and wisdom because they are something a girl needs to hear now and then and I can always count on my best friend bloggers to listen and be there for me, as I hope they know I am for them, as well, because after all, that is how the whole blog community of world and friendship began--and I thank you for reminding me of such.

10:02 PM  
Blogger angie. said...

I'm so glad for you that you found a true earth friend and I hope that Kimberly is just the first of many that you'll be having tons of fun with!!

Always a blogger friend!
JavaFooFoo

9:38 PM  
Blogger rg said...

It's great to see that you've found a 'kewl' earth friend! I haven't seen Fargo, but I recently saw this thriller movie called 'saw'... all I can say is: "It's gooooood"

I hadn't seen an original movie in a while...

I wouldn't mind seeing it again go 'talk' it over with you guys!
I'm feeling like eating a big bowl of popcorn again =)

7:35 AM  
Blogger "THE" Rob Cerio said...

Orchard, what is kimberly's native language? perhaps as part of your quest for earth friends you could sign up to take a class about how to speak it. this would not only allow you to converse with Kimberly easier, but may bring you even more friends!

rolandog, go rent fargo. it is a great movie!

Rob

8:59 AM  
Blogger mr pavement said...

hi orchard, i'd like to thank your visit and your comment. obrigado, in portuguese.

this photo was taken in an amazing day. lucky me.

best complements, from portugal.

11:31 AM  
Blogger Gabo said...

There's a spanish saying that says: "Mas vale solo que mal acompaƱado" and it teaches you to be haughty, which I believe it must be a priority. So I suggest you start a second journey (perhaps) in search of your red-hair-kimberly which will probably give you many answers. But thats just me.

12:16 AM  
Blogger Alejandro Valdivia said...

Here I am, still reading, still enchanted by your posts. Just letting you know.
Un abrazo;)

3:56 PM  
Blogger Elle said...

I've been really busy so I don't get to my computer as much as I'd like. It is 7 March over here in Kiwiland and I only just read your post. I think Rob had a good idea there...if she is finding it difficult to learn english, learn her language. I loved Micheal's comment "When they are really good friends they can both be quiet and walk together." Very true. Keep on having fun with your earthfriend!!

4:55 PM  
Blogger Elle said...

Actually it is Tuesday 8th March...I said it was the 7th earlier. I'm losing track of time.

6:24 PM  
Blogger [ - Aswin - ] said...

OD,
I ve been a bit busy with my web life and also IRL. I am just clearing the backlogs now :).

2:23 PM  
Blogger Orchard P Dirk said...

Well, thanks to all of you, because you really just made a girl like me feel so much better about herself and that is quite nice to have as a feeling.

Jenny J--thank you for encouraging me to nurture my own feelings as well as others, and Javafoofoo, you are just so kind to wish me well in finding other earth friends!

Rolandog, I am excited for your thoughts on Fargo and pleased that you are a funny sort of fellow to write "kewl" when you mean "cool" which is just rather clever, but I am scared to see Saw because I am under the impression is it a scary movie, but I have been known to have been wrong in the past, so it is possible I am wrong in the present on that issue, as well.

But I am not sure I will learn the entire language of Kimberly, Rob the Webkahunah, for as you know things are a bit rocky now and then, as I'm writing this comment AFTER my Day 44 post, so I am not even sure I will be seeing Kimmy much anymore, but I shouldn't spoil that for those who don't know where my life has taken me after this post.

FDV, I am touched that you have joined our world of blog friendship and love even if you do take very quite nice pictures, even when Gabo makes a comment on being haughty, which I don't quite understand yet, but that is often how wisdom seeps in. One doesn't understand at first, and later it comes to the forefront when needed, but I rather like the Spanish in any case.

Alejo, I am enchanted that you are enchanted, and while I cannot read spanish on your site, I always love to browse the pictures when they are available in non-language images and I am pleased to see you back again, because a girl like I can only guess at times like these. And I am further enchanted that Dreamwalker is always just one day ahead of me over here in New York state and that is just something that is amazing because they say one cannot time travel, but if I could race to her land before the time caught up with me, perhaps then I could, which is a quite futuristic thought of mine and perhaps I shall blog about that one day in the future, or future and a day, if I were in New zealand.

But I just hope that Aswin, you are having a good time with your activities and IRL even though I am not 100% sure of the initials, but I have a guess which is just quite the point, I suppose, but I am happy to see you.

So I thank you all again because you have shown me such kindness at a time such as this, and it will always be remembered.
love, orchard

9:57 PM  
Blogger [ - Aswin - ] said...

IRL - In Real Life.
Thats what i meant.

If you ask me to name the most important 3 things in my life, i would just put Career(Money), Relationships and GOD as my 3.
The Career or my work really got a different direction in the past few weeks so much that my time in the net have come down drastically. But thats life, sometimes you enjoy... sometimes you toil hard. Otherwise it would be too boring..
Take Care

7:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home