Saturday, February 26, 2005

Day 34: Wild children who don't want to leave the care of their animal-parents and how does that affect my search for friends?

Well, as I woke up this morning and looked out at the snow on the ground that is all over the land of the town in which I live, and I remembered how Aswin and Rolandog and Dreamwalker and Alejo and Rob the Webkahunah and Javafoofoo and probably even more all seem to live in areas that do not receive that much of "the white stuff", as I tend to receive, which is rather quite an odd little fact, and then suddenly the snow reminded me of a baby polar bear, because it was a similar color to that of a polar bear, even though they say that a polar bear's skin or their hair at birth is black and later changes to that effect.

And I got to thinking about a thought such as this: do animals have a more fun time living in this earth than people do, and if they do, how can we tell that? And I thought, maybe some animals are more friendly because they travel in packs and protect each other, like wolves or dolphins or elephants, but then again, they also tend to kill each other, as well, just like some of we humans tend to do from time to time.

Then I turned to the web for my answer and happened upon just a fascinating little thing about what is known as "feral" children which are children that grow up in the love and care and feeding of animals, and the "how can we tell if they have a better time than humans" question was quite seeming to have found its answer. For as I looked at this site, I came to draw the conclusion that it appears the human children like living with the animals, and when human people steal the children from living with animals, the children either end up in a home for people who are not well, or they try to escape and also I noticed how they all liked to eat meat raw with their hands, but perhaps not smile quite so much.

And so maybe animals are quite the treat to have as friends after all, and perhaps I ought to take my bird a lot more seriously than I do, and maybe I shall draw him a picture of a feral child, and also give him some raw meat that he can eat with his wings if he wants to, as feral children tend to do, and then maybe I'll even give my new best earth friend some raw meat and she would probably say "Oh, yes, thank you, that is good" because that is what she seems to like to say, even though it appeared to be a hoax that a child was raised by a pouched animal called a "kangaroo."

Love,

Orchard

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It seems to be that animals have much more fun than us, there's no doubt about that, and I feel like an animal enjoying your blogs.

Gracias, ciao!

Gabe,Gabo,Gabriel...-

5:49 PM  
Blogger rg said...

here here! snow is seldomly spotted over here. And today we're having a rather warm day... around 26°C.

I think that animals do have more fun... since they don't force themselves into a lifestyle that puts a heavy burden or pressure on you.

1:17 PM  
Blogger Orchard P Dirk said...

Well, to start I must welcome Gabo to this blog because I am hoping that with a name such as his that he might be a magician and make all sorts of fun things appear and disappear to the air and with animals. But yes, 3leggedlizard, my bird is rather a vegetarian, but I have never given him much more than seeds and crackers and fruits and vegetables, but have never offered him raw meat, so one has to wonder such things, but I aim to feel I will pass that thought for my bird, as you suggest. But I also just wonder how you signed your name Dreamwalker, but your profile says you are Jonnie Walker and a male, when all along I thought you were Dreamwalker and a female, but perhaps you have 2 different blogs which is just really a quite nice thing to have for a person like you.

Well, Rolandog, 26 degrees C I am guessing is maybe 70 degrees F or so, but I am not much one on knowing the formula, except that 0 degrees C is 32 degrees F, but it probably computes on a different level or tone than simply multiplying by 2, which would be convenient, but probably inaccurate. But I think that's just quite nice that it's warm where you and 3leggedlizard are and it's really just about 0 degrees C or below for today here, and that can quite dry out the throat and skin.

And your points of the pressures of human-existence are well noted, Rolandog, and perhaps that was why those feral children wanted to stay with their animal friends who did not pressure them so much as we humans tend to do--but I really just wonder if it is cold also where Gabo lives or if he lives near Dreamwalker or Rolandog...

3:33 PM  
Blogger Gabo said...

It is so cold that the rocks melt, so cold that the fire outside your house limit your moves everytime a little more, so cold, oh god, so cold...

12:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home