Tuesday, October 18, 2005

When I met the Hornet at the alley of bowling who might just turn into my mate for life who may be my best friend too

Well, one has said that if in one's life one is given sour grapes, to turn those grapes into lemonaide or Crystal-Lite or other such sweet beverages of choice, so as to have the tastiest drink in the world and proximity, and that really is all a girl can hope for these days when she goes out to the alley of bowling, and so that is what happened to me when I went out to that alley, why, just the other day.

It appeared that when I arrived to make my balls shoot down the wooden lane, there was something that the bowlers refer to as a "league of their own" occuring at the same time. Well, this was the situation, and I was thrilled to be considered part of this group and allow the events to unfold which might point me to a lifetime best friend mate. So I settled into a nice plastic rounded seat and grabbed a ball that was in a circular mechanical device attached by underground methods to the wooden lane. Well, a man came over to me, but I had already decided he was too grizzled to be my mate, yet I still appreciated his sense of urgency as he hurried toward me.

He began a sentence like, "That's my--", but I knew all too well he was going to tell me that it was his dream come true to be on a league. "I know--me too!" I exclaimed back, because it really can just waste too much time for a
grizzled man to tell you something that you already know he's going to say in your head. So I said this, then gave the ball a nice spit and rubbed my sleeve on it so as to create a glimmer and shine. Well, this man, whose shirt said RUSTY on it seemed to quickly receive the polished ball from my hands and had a bit of a huff about his nature. But really, I harken back to the years when a carnival man told me, "Some people just do not want to share their dreams, and if you say you have the same dream, they will just try to grab that from you. Beware of such people--beware!"

Well, I am not one to question the words of a carnival man, especially when they present themselves too clearly to me in such a manner that really just makes sense. So I let RUSTY take the ball, because I knew to beware. And this is when things started to turn a bit grape sour, as apparently, the shirt I was wearing made them think that I was really not welcome into their league of their own. And so several people seemed to insinuate that it was
time for me to leave and other such words that really a girl like I can only hear so much of before she has to hear a friendly song in her head like "I think I'll Go for a Walk Outside" by the Brady Family.

And so as I was making my way with the Leaguers out to the front door, I spotted the eye of a man about my age who was holding his ball in his hands and half-laughing toward me. Well, this was a vibe I was not willing to lose sight of, so I ran with
great speed toward him, grabbed a pink ball and threw that ball way down his alley!

Well, this created quite a stir of excitement among RUSTY and his leaguers, as you can imagine, having witnessed this first sign of mate-possibilities. Well, my future mate just
widened his eyes, which really is a biological sign that one is interested in one's mate, as one strives to take in more and more visuals. And then he smiled and laughed again and this is when I really had to make my way out of the alley of bowling and just sort of remain out of doors.

It is the case that the man with the smile was not one that I was able to see as I waited for the rest of the evening for him to depart. But I do know that he is on Team Hornets and that is really just quite a team to be on, as they are awful mean when they get wet, my Grandfather used to say, and now the doors are wide open.

Love,
Orchard

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like an interesting time at the bowling alley :) What have you been up to since then?

4:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home