Wednesday, September 14, 2005

I will now tell you about the fact that I have painted with things that are called "acrylics" which are similar to nails, but perhaps not exactly

Well, one thing that I have come to take time to do whilst I lived in a summer of indoors-ed-ness was a thing which I have termed, "Painting with acrylics." Now, it is the case that acrylics are types of liquids which are not natural and hence they dry faster like fake nails which are also called acrylics and really probably quite the same thing, as one tends to think they smell of that fake smell which is acrylic or lycra, which is also a material that is not of nature. But it leads me to think, is it possible for anything to not be of nature, when really everything in the world is natural in some way, even if man-made, because we are not man-made exactly, except from birth and then isn't everything we make also from nature when you go back far enough?

And so I have completed paintings of this fiber and material and liquid which are there for the taking in painting stores, even though when I ventured out to a painting store whilst trying not to fall asleep in the store, a man said to me, "Do you need to sit down?" And when I explained my situation and asked him to come and paint with me to lift my spirits, as it seemed we hit it off from Day One, he seemed to have to get back "to the grind" and that only made me want to sleep more.

But I did, nonetheless, experience a painting or two or more, which have backgrounds which are really diverse colors of the same genre, and have figures in them which are thin and flowing and really not quite looking like real people, but that is what the artist must do from time to time, as Alejo encourages, and I really just wonder if any of my other blogger friends have ever painted and if they have, have they used said fibers as acrylic or said natural fibers like water and dyes from the earth or one's skin?

Love,
Orchard

4 Comments:

Blogger Michael said...

I am not a painter although most of my family is. All sorts of mediums to create the pictures. I hope painting made you happy.

Take Care
Michael

8:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

awwww, Orch....

So nice to hear from you. I'm sure we both had busy summers. Or we've just been very lazy. I think it's the latter, at least for me.

I'm showering up on the Upper East Side for the time being though my bath buddy Schatzi should be moving up soon. So we'll get a place together, I think.

OK. Perhaps this is getting too personal for the comments section.

We'll speak soon.

Say hello to Mr. Mike for me.

:)

Marc

9:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I paint a little and always acrylics. I like the fact that they dry so quickly, oils are a pain. Cleaning brushes afterwards is so much easier too :)

2:41 PM  
Blogger Orchard P Dirk said...

Well, I think it is interesting that you are not a painter, Michael, but most of your family is. I wonder what that does mean in the grand scheme of things.

Hello, Marc. it is a pleasure to see your name on this site, and I do hope that you will visit Michael's site yourself and tell him hi, as while he is not a painter, his family is, and he is quite a kind blogger, although I wish you luck in your great move with your friend arrives.

Dreamwalker, you make an excellent point about the process of cleaning after oils or acrylics and it is just quite nice that water does the trick with acrylics, because really cleaning is part of the process, as the Frugal Gourmet cookman says.

4:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home