Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Day 100: Bringing the dead fish Creatures of the Sea project to the school to teach the lessons of the world

Well, it just happens to be the case that when a girl has an important thing to share with the world, that world will just try rather quite hard to keep that thing from being said, but that should only push said girl to try even harder to share her news to every man, woman and child in the earth world.

Such was my experience when I made my first steps to tell the world about my Creatures of the Sea project. Since the dead fish I had collected from the Long Island Sound were beginning to create quite a stir of odor and such in my residence, I decided it was the best signal of all to start educating the world about all the lessons Creatures of the Sea have to give us if we will only open our ears like gills and breathe to listen.

And so I figured the best place to start such an education would be at a place that encourages education, which is called a "school" in the U S of A, and so I went to such an institute that was named after a street that was named after the town, which also was also named after a prominent figure in the history of the country in which I, by coincidence, happened to be born into. And so I had mounted my dead fish in the cutest of pyramids and covered them in Elmer's glue so as to ensure that they would not be falling all over the place, and put a few pink bows and ribbons around them, and threw some streamers on the sides, just for that festive color. And I put my pyramid on a cart and I wheeled my project to the school doors.

Well, this is where I encountered a slight obstacle, as it came to pass that the school doors were locked, and there was a contraption-like buzzer that I had to touch and state my purpose of intent, which I said to be, "Sharing my Creatures of the Sea project with all the world." Well, the person who had control over letting me in or not hesitated, and had me say a few more sentences that are just not so interesting as to post here, but eventually, a child who was a student opened the door for me, and I just stopped talking to the buzzer lady.

The child then led me to his classroom, and even placed his wooden "Lav Pass" onto my cart with the project, and it really just reminded me of how open the youth are to hearing of lessons that will change the world, which is really just what we are all doing anyway. So we came into the classroom and the children all seemed to rather make unusual faces at the sight of my project and the teacher seemed to get to have a sqwaking-like voice that sounded a bit like my cockatiel, and so I knew they were ready to hear my words.

Well, I went on to tell them about my experience in Florida and how the shark taught me a lesson and how each dead fish represented a lesson, and I was just about to tell them all the secrets that each dead fish had to share about life that would make them all live just the nicest lives in the world, when a person who was of the male species came in and just had some words and had a face that was not such a jovial one, and before I knew it, I was standing outside of the school. There was talk of a police officer, which I really just encouraged as he could spread the word of my project quickly, but he never did come, and so I was left with only part of my project, as some of it had been destroyed in the mad-cap rumble and tumble that ensued.

And so that was my experience today. So because my project has been partially destroyed anyway, I have decided to wrap the rest of it up in sheets of aluminum foil and place that foiled fish in a hole under the ground until I can figure out my next move. Because really, my residence was not like it used to be since the dead fish came to reside there, and while I do love the lessons of the fish, I did not so much like the presence of the fish in every smell of the residence. But they will keep well in the ground and I am excited to see if they will grow into anything else.

But really when I come to think about it, I wonder if the fish didn't just teach me a lesson right today, amidst all the chaos and disappointment of the school teaching. Because I still feel rather pleased to have made a difference, slight as it was, in the lives of the children who heard a bit about the Creatures of the Sea, and I know that even a man named Galileo and such had difficult times getting the world to hear the news, so I have become just all that much stronger, and I really just have the fish to thank for that, but also it is nice to have a television now and then.

Love,
Orchard

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your _100th_ post, Orchard!! Truly a mark of accomplishment. And it seems you've learned a lot in your first blog-century.

I hope you weren't hurt during the "mad-cap rumble and tumble". I would've "had your back" had I been there.

10:22 PM  
Blogger Orchard P Dirk said...

Mike--well, that is just the sweetest thing that you would have "had my back" during the wild antics that occured at such as school as the one I walked into happened educate. Yes, 100 days of searching for friends whilst posting about my adventures has truly been an adventure of its own, and for that, I thank you, for noticing.
Love,
Orchard

2:26 PM  
Blogger Justin said...

Sorry about your fish :( On a brighter note, I concur with Mike. Happy 100th day! May the next hundred be as eventful as the previous hundred!

8:49 PM  
Blogger angie. said...

I'm also sorry to hear about your fish and your project, but it's great that your trying to share your insight with the world!

And with all this talk about fish and education and all that, you reminded me when I was a little girl I wanted to be a marine biologists (study of fishies). I went to this institution somewhere on the bayou down here in Louisiana and got to see all kinds of marine life and about them and to help them. It was great! Just wanted to share that with ya'.

And congrats on your 100th post!!

11:11 AM  
Blogger Orchard P Dirk said...

I appreciate your thoughts, Javafoofoo, but yes, I am resilient to the troubles of the fish education and will strive even harder now. And I must say that I am happy to hear that you have always wanted to join the plight of educating the world about the Creatures of the Sea, and I might add that it certainly is not too late to carry that on as a "studier of fishies." And I am just so happy that you told me about that, because it is such a nice way to remain connected and I hope that you would have been proud of my project!
love, orch

10:21 PM  
Blogger Elle said...

Hi Orchard,
I've been busy and missed your Florida Adventure, but I have just read it all now. You do live an eventful life, and I bet the children thoroughly enjoyed your visit to their school even if their teachers didn't understand your message. I have to add my congrats on your 100th post too.

7:14 PM  
Blogger Orchard P Dirk said...

Justin--thank you so much for your congratulations on my 100th day of journeying and I appreciate your condolences toward the dead fish that were lost, even though I do feel like I posted a reply to your comment, but then again, I do not see it on this page.

Dreamwalker, it is wonderful to see you again here, because we all do have such adventures, as I'm sure you have had, as well!!

Love,
Orchard

7:52 PM  
Blogger Alejandro Valdivia said...

wow, time sure flies! congrats on your 100th day

2:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

100 days of solitude and longing
I am moved and impressed by your persistence
have you ever thought of writing plays? the word could use your voice.

1:33 AM  
Blogger Orchard P Dirk said...

Alejo, I am so happy to have your nice words of congratulations and that is always the friend that I have grown to cherish.

WashingtonNational, you are quite the kind soul to say that the world ought to hear my voice, even when the earth world sometimes thinks that voice is perhaps too high pitched to want to hear afterall. But writing plays is something that is just too similar to living my life right now, but then again, from time to time, a playwright or two tends to write about something that said playwright has experienced in life, and an adventurous girl like I is always up for a challenge.

Love,
Orch

9:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home