Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Day 79: Maybe an elderly lady just got to steal my fish as fast as a lightning bug

Well, as it turns out, there is truth to the phrase "Finder's Keeper's", as I went to the beach-area today to search for the dead fish for my project for the sea creatures of this universe, and it came to pass that there were no fish for the taking! One elderly lady was already there with a rather large purse, so I asked her if I could at least look at the dead fish she'd tucked away in her purse no doubt, since it was only coincidence that she appeared there earlier than I to retrieve the specimens. Well, this elderly lady said a sentence like this:

"I don't have no fish in my purse and you take your bad ideas and get away from me!"

Well, I informed her I didn't have bad ideas of any sort, but only wanted to encourage the free sharing of natural property such as fish, and she seemed to make a snarling sort of noise at me, so I just let her pass and said not another word, as if there is one thing I know, it is to let a snarling animal pass.

And so that is what happened today, and I will be sure to be on guard for those in this world who simply get there first and take your dead fish project specimens, and do not want to share, even if they have not had such a world-changing experience, as I did when I learned about the shark in my trip to Florida, although I do have to thank
Abby for her warm welcome to send me mail, and that would be quite nice.

Love,

Orchard

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home