Friday, March 25, 2005

Day 61: Kimmy's joke and I'm not very into writing to a stuffed rabbit

Well, Kimmy just told me the funniest little joke! She acted it out a lot with gestures and what not, but I thought it was just hilarious, and a friend like I always wants to share such wonderful delights with a friend such as her blogger friends, and so here it is:

A little dog that barked walked into the cutest little hair dresser's place and said, 'Bark bark bark!' because that was all he knew how to say. And then wouldn't you know it! The hair dresser said, "We don't serve trees, Mister!"

And so that is the joke.

And the way Kimmy told it, as she was pretending to be a dog that is called a "poodle," and also a hairdresser, but that had fingers that were scissors instead of real scissors, and how she was swatting at my hair whilst telling it, just like a horse does to another horse--well, the whole package made for just the cutest, funniest little joke! And a joke, now and then, can really lift one's spirits, and so on this Good Friday, I am just passing that on to you, and I do just wish you all the happiest Easter because it is really a holiday of good things. Although I do have to say that I was disturbed to learn that at malls, the fake Easter Bunny was having kids sit on his lap and he was asking them, "What do you want for Easter?" Because it is one thing to write a letter to a man in red that lives at the North Pole asking for gifts, but it is quite another to to write a letter to a large stuffed rabbit who lives who knows where asking for gifts.

Love,
Orch

7 Comments:

Blogger angie. said...

I have a smile on my face that stretches from ear to ear for you because I am so happy to hear that you gian Kinny back as a friend!! And just in time for Easter! Yay! I just wish I could of seen your rock-star hair, beacuse it sounded absolutely cool!!

9:00 PM  
Blogger Justin said...

Why does the easter bunny also ask kids what they want? I don't get it.

2:44 PM  
Blogger Alejandro Valdivia said...

See? I told you everything was going to turn out to be ok. About the bunny, i don't understand it either, I've been reading the bible (since, apparently, is the holly week and all...) trying to find it somewhere but, apparently my bible is not complete, can you tell me who is he? Well, nothing important, just a little curious... Take care ;)

1:10 AM  
Blogger Orchard P Dirk said...

Justin and Alejo,
Thank you for your encouragement and good cheer! Well, it seems the bunny has nothing to do with the reason of Easter having to do with the resurrection, Alejo, but somehow a bunny became associated with the holiday, and so children in the country of America may believe in a large bunny distributing baskets of candy and such, much like the Santa Claus. And that is the history of the Easter Bunny.

But it seems that of recent years, there is an Easter bunny costumed person who hops around in United States malls and allows children to have pictures taken with this costumed character (often at a price), much like at Disney world. And it also seems that of even more recent years, this said bunny is having children sit on his lap in a pastel colored display, and he asks them, "What do you want the Easter bunny to bring you for Easter?" as tends to be similar to when the Santa in malls asks children, "What do you want for Christmas?"

Well, I just found it quite something else that Easter was being even more commercialized such that this costumed character bunny was now encouraging children to ask for big presents for Easter, such as Christmas time. And there was a statistic that said that Easter was now the second biggest gift-giving holiday after Christmas. So your questions are rather quite founded.

Javafoofoo, I wish you could have seen my hair too because it was quite a sight, and I feel that you may have been able to give me more tips to make it have just a slight bit of edge and sass to it, that I might need to complete the rockstar ensemble, but it was rather unique nonetheless, which is what people are often looking for, if they do not want to look similar to others. But of course, my wanting to look unique like rock stars to sing for Kimmy is still wanting to look similar to others who are trying to look unique. So that just goes to show that life is a paradox after all!

11:01 PM  
Blogger Alejandro Valdivia said...

I was still trying to figure that out. (hehe). Thank you!

5:43 PM  
Blogger Michael said...

Looking in on the journey.

Take Care
Michael

1:48 PM  
Blogger rg said...

Hello Orchid. Long time no comment! It suddenly struck my mind that the reason I had been redesigning everything was so that I was compliant with W3 standards, and there were no more errors. This was, in part, because of my mild sadness when hearing you were unable to access my blog.

So, after a lot of intensive revamping, I think the blog has been reborn. Yay!

I got to reading your comments, and couldn't help but notice that here in Mexico we don't follow the Easter Bunny customs that much. Thank God!! It would be a heavy burden for parents giving two sets of big presents a year.

Hmm, I think that my formatting needs to be adjusted again. My comments don't show the line breaks (so you're going to have to type <br />)

Here are some of the recent posts I think are worthy of your attention.

Are mexicans bad sports?, back to blogging and Productivity on Spring Break: High?

3:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home