Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Day 93: How I have been living on the beach in search of my Creatures of the Sea project

Well, as you probably have suspected, I have been engrossed in my Creatures of the Sea project, which has taken quite a bit more time than I have imagined it ought to for a girl such as I. But I have been spending the past week or two living at the beach of the Long Island Sound. After my run-in with the elderly lady who grabbed the best dead fish find of the day, I knew watching guard every moment of the day and night was my only way to really capitilize on the prime specimens.

And so it has come to pass that I have lived on the beach and only taken quick baths in the water of the land, which is just the most natural way to be, as I like to say. And I have collected a good fifty to one-hundred dead fish and other such sea creatures, and I have finally returned to my residence today, and set up my specials in a nice neat little pyramid-style statue. And while it is quite a site to behold, I now must figure out what my next plan of action will be.

I did have quite a bit of time on the beach to think on my project and how best to use it to make the people of the land understand how the creatures of the sea can teach us lessons. But as it turns out, the beach on the Long Island Sound is quite a place that attracts characters of all sorts of walks of life, and thus my thought process was often interupted by a person who some might dub "crazy" making up little songs and jigs, and searching for buried treasure, and making fires to "smoke out the wallies" and other such happenings that, whilst interesting, do detract from the planning mind, such as mine tended to try to be most of the time when I was not catching specimens.

And so I will rest today and perhaps take a shower in the chlorinated water of the land-world, and eat a little something more substantial than what I have been eating on the beach, and then perhaps I shall sit quietly, with my hands folded neatly in my lap, and then a thought and solution will come to me in how to share my project with the world.

And I do hope you are all having a splendid time, because over here in the state of New York, the weather has just been rather ideal, with the sun and temperatures in the 70s and 80s Farenheit, which is rather reminiscent of summer, and it is hard to imagine those cold days of only 10 degrees Farenheit and such, but that is the way of we humans, who really just deal and cope to our surroundings, unless we change our surroundings, but that is also the human-way, such as it is.

Love,

Orchard P Dirk,
Educator of the Wisdom that Creatures of the Sea have to offer we humans

1 Comments:

Blogger Alejandro Valdivia said...

wow, great reading you again!

1:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home