Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Can you believe I learned another lesson even after day 100 of my journey? Well, it is the case and it is very much so.

Well, first off, I must warn you that I have no pretty links in this blog, but I'm sure you will understand when you read what I am about to write.

Well, a girl like I has reached over 100 days of trying to find earth friends, and one might think that in those 100 days a girl like I has learned all there is to learn about life and such. Well, if you are that one who thought that, I would have to say in this case, that that one is wrong, for it just has happened that I have been learning a lesson in a very hard way for these past many days that have stretched into weeks that contain 7 days in each of them.

It has come to be the situation that I have been having what are known to be called as "problems" regarding my connection to the high speed world of internet and bloggerdom. Apparently, the modem or cable, or whatever it was that was causing such a great nice wireless connection to my laptop on which I write to my best friend bloggers when I have such things to tell them, has decided to have a "problem" which has prevented it from absorbing signals to allow my laptop to receive the internet on it. My phone has also not been receiving the American "dial tone" as it is related to the modem or cable, but this has posed less of an issue, as even when the dial tone was working, I did not receive more than 1 call every few weeks, and most of the time it was not meant for me, but I really just even wished for a friendly call from a service or newspaper, but being that my number is unlisted due to something out of my control, I do not even have these fun calls of joy and triumph.

So I finally used a cellular telephone to connect to my provider and it seems to be a problem with a splitter or wire or other such nonsence, as I informed him. And so the man on the phone helped me follow the wire and rehook up the modem thing to another source which is working now which is why I can tell you this message, but it is not as convenient, and I fear it will cut off at any time, which is why I do not have time to put in such links as to illustrate the points which I am making. And so I have learned the following lessons e're the long long lonely days:

1) If one has a problem with something that is making one sad and keeping one from communicating with one's best friend bloggers, one ought not to wait for weeks before finding a cellular telephone to contact a company to make the problem turn into a solution--because it is really just a waste of perfectly good time.

2) When one relies on something that is out of one's own control such as a company that calls itself Cablevision who really just was not happy that the west side property in New York was sold to someone else, but really Cablevision should be happy it even owns Madison Square Garden, if it does, then one is necessarily putting oneself at the risk of being abandonned, and one should always have a backup plan, which said orchard did not have until she called the company to help only tonight.

3) Despite one's loneliness and lack of blogging, one is always happy to return and see that one's best friend bloggers are still there for one, and one even gained a new blog-friend called WashingtonNational, which does not have a link.

And these are the lessons of my life lately. This is all I am able to communicate tonight, but I will try to make the colors pretty, as that takes only a moment. And I will have to tell you about how I have become a renowned Creatures of the Sea expert in another blog, as this blogger has had all the internet excitement she can handle for one blogging night.

love always and sincerely,
Orchard P Dirk

5 Comments:

Blogger Michael said...

Hi

Take Care
Michael

9:21 AM  
Blogger angie. said...

Technology can be such a bliss and such a b!#@$ at the same time!

Glad to have you back with us!

3:09 PM  
Blogger [ - Aswin - ] said...

Hi there..
i know its been a while i ve made a 'visit' here. mainly due to work and lack of internet. I ve just moved to Boston abt a month back and wonder whether i am in some proximity to your place.
Take Care and lemme read through your pages.
Thanks..
Aswin

12:10 PM  
Blogger [ - Aswin - ] said...

If you dont mind, can you email me at futurekid[at]gmail[dot]com.

12:41 AM  
Blogger Orchard P Dirk said...

Well, I am so happy to get your greeting, Michael, as it's always a nice treat.

And Javafoofoo, i know that you certainly understand the issues of modern technology and the difficulties that can ensue.

But Aswin, I am also pleased to learn you have moved to the US of A. It is quite a place to be and Boston is quite a city to be in, especially around the time of the football season, as tends to be the case in February or January.

love always,
Orchard

3:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home