Thursday, September 29, 2005

Day 1 Again: Should it be Jdate or the squid or jdate or really just something else?

Well now. It has come to my attention that there are multiple ways to find a mate that the advances of modern "technology" make possible that are things that don't require talking exactly with one's mouth, but require typing with one's fingers that are attached to one's hands.
I am pleased to learn such a thing because it is the case that my fingers are fast to make words appear on the screen, and really, that is just the way I was made.

And it reminds me of how I once took a dollar and twenty five cents and gave it to a man on a street in the city of New York in exchange for a bottle of Poland Springs water, which is a brand of something that might be synthetic water that is manufactured in Greenwich, CT. Well, after I handed him this money, he gave me a water bottle that didn't have any water in it, but was empty and there was not even a lid on it to keep the emptiness in. Well, I told him this was not what I was expecting when I handed him my $1.25 and he said something that I have never forgotten and those words that he spoke to me, as he looked on with a kind, pained, expression of wisdom, were: "That is just the luck of the draw." And I really could not say anything back to him, as I really could not disagree with that.

And really, when I get to think about how I type fast, I do think it is just the luck of the draw, as if I had a twin sister who was identical to me, maybe she would not be able to type so fast, or maybe she would.

And then I also just think, as my mind tends to do, if it is the luck of the draw that I can type fast and that I might be given an empty water bottle when I was hoping for a full water bottle, then maybe these things that find you mates that are based on typing instead of talking, like jdate and myspace and other such love-machines, perhaps finding a good mate is really the luck of the draw too, when really I just don't know if that means I should be getting on myspace.com or if it means I should just start putting up posters of the live giant squid that they finally got pictures of in Japan that is 25 feet long and really got caught in a trap from the humans for hours and finally just broke off its tentacle to get free?

Love,
Orchard

p.s. I have entitled my post Day 1 Again, because I believe it is Day 1 of Finding A Mate, which is really just my new adventure that will land me a best friend forever, so I guess it is still in search of a friend, but since I lost track of numbers before anyway, it is quite convenient to start over again anyway and really why not?

3 Comments:

Blogger Michael said...

Hi Orchard

That squid was something else.

Take Care
Michael

9:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

orchard,

i'm not sure i understand what you're talking about. ever. reading your blog is almost like reading henry james or some long dead novelist who uses really long sentences and you find yourself reading it over and over again.

which is not to say i don't enjoy your blog.
it's interesting.

anyway:
if you're looking for a mate maybe you should try something like match.com. myspace isn't really a dating service, though you can find some nice people on there. jdate is only if you're jewish. are you jewish? if you are, then maybe i can be your mate.

10:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just loved the news about the squid...saw it on TV - AWESOME!!

Good luck with your search for a mate.

9:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home