Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Are groups just to keep others out and really, how do I fit into them all, esp when it's only Bowling group I want to observe so I can find my mate?

Well, it seems that there are a lot of civilizations in this world which really preach the message of being special and in a group and not liking others to intrude upon said group to the point of that group being rather unpleasant to newcomers who may desire to join that group or maybe not, but maybe just watch that group bowl or some other such activity. Well, I had always had my suspicions that this might be the case, because I even remember, when I was a just a girl-child, an incident occurred which started making me suspicious.

The girlhood incident was just that a group of scientist children, near where I resided as a youngster, were gathering together to try to kill a fly and bring it back to life by sprinkling it with salt. Well, you can only imagine that a girl like I, who really is just trying to get educated in all the ways of life, might be interested in such an experiment. Well, I arrived to the circle the children scientists were huddled in and I started with a warm-up joke, as I was always told, "If you are joining a new group of people, you have 10 seconds to make them laugh, so use that 10 seconds wisely and make them laugh until they can laugh no more--and then you will always be in that group."

So I arrived and told my warm-up joke of, "Hey, if you think salt brings flies to life, let's kill Ricky and see if pepper brings him back to life." I laughed of course, so as to open the lines of communication, but it appeared my joke hit a sour note with them, especially Ricky, and they tossed a handful of salt at me and said, "Get away, Orchard!"

And so from then on, I have wondered if this would prove to be the case of life in groups.

And so it has come to pass that I have been trying to attend a session of the Hornets Bowling League, but the members of this civilization have been making a point to keep me out of their secretive meetings. I am not sure if this is because they are trying to prevent me from joining their group because they are like the children scientists, or if it is because they are worried that the man who caught my eye will end up leaving the League of Hornet Bowlers to become my mate and best friend. I do know how people can be protective and possessive of said party members, but really I have no intentions of asking him to leave the league in any case unless something occurs which changes my mind.

And so I really just need to figure out a way to penetrate the system and find myself in the bowling alley and see how things run from there, but what news! as it was snowing yesterday in some parts of new york state, but not where I live.

love,
orchard

1 Comments:

Blogger Michael said...

Orchard

I think you are a very smart lady. I am sure if anyone can figure out all the stuff that you are pondering it will be you.

I also think that someday it would be nice to meet up with you. It snowed in my part of New York State.

Take Care
Michael

7:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home